Cocoon duration and health is too high

A BLIZ POST. THEY DO READ THEIR FORUMS… Personal I don’t think he needed nerfs but each to their own. I still think he will be played consistantly. Much like hanzo

1 Like

The nerf seems fairly reasonable. Now it’s not so oppressive in teamfights.

All it took is 1 second and its no longer oppressive? hmmm

1 Like

They also reduced it’s health by 12,5% so it’s easier to open.

Because one of the things that made Anub problematic (aside from his cocoon that everyone is whining about) is the fact that he could spawn mini-40 spellshield defenders capable of blocking skill shots. Not only were the beetles extremely good at blocking skill shots, they were also harder to kill with said skill shots. Those beetles were like having an additional 4 miniature Anub’s on the map.

But instead of completely nerfing him into oblivion, Blizzard decided, “Hey, lets see if we can bring other warriors up to his level!”

1 Like

This is what you focus on really?!?! Out of all the toons that need a rework or numbers tuning!! Jesus its a small wonder this game has been bagged from e-sports. You really should be ashamed.

1 Like

Locust Swarm has a long CD, I suggest 80 sec.

His beetles are a little overpowered. They act 2 fold: 1. They do act as a way to block skill shots, towers will hit them first, camps will hit them first, minions will be attracted to them down a lane like abathurs spawns. 2. They act as a, quite powerful, immolation shield that anub arak gets, for free, at level one.

The ability to create more units is overpowering in this game. Take xul, we all forget about xul. Hes faded into the background, but he is still as powerful as he has ever been. The reason for this is his ability to make skeletons that tank shots from towers and other players. Rexxars bear also poses a problem. You have to kill the bear, yet its a really powerful/high hp bear. Its an extra unit that provides alot of value.

Think about this. Abathur, Zagara, Xul, Azmodan, Rexxar, Anubarak…all REALLY powerful in the right hands. To a lesser extent Jaina’s water elemental, Raynor’s raider, and Nazeebo’s gargantuan can be really good too.

Perhaps the amount and power of extra unit creation should be looked at in the next round of nerfs…

Yes, more of them.
Pull the game out of descending mediocrity!
It would almost be like adding elements of towers defense games and the area presence could make up for those highly distracted rando team mates.

There, I said it. It’s overpowered in today’s HotS. Unless you specifically draft Ming to laser it open, it makes every single teamfight 4v5 and dictates the flow of the fight so that the enemy team has to focus all resources on opening the cocoon prematurely rather than attacking enemy heroes.

He is picked or banned in 72% of games this week only for his Cocoon. He is a walking Cocoon thrower, that’s it. Not for his intended role as an anti-mage with Spell Shield or long range stuns.

If you don’t want Anub’arak’s popularity to hit 99%, Cocoon should only last 4-6 seconds.

I will pick Anub every single match until he’s nerfed because picking him in draft is like tossing a very weighted coin in your favor.

Surely this is a joke. Cocoon is shredded by by fast attacks. Target it with ming ult or tracer aa and it’s gone. Tychus and Tassadar also work. Think of it like a chest from that awful pirate map, but also with a health bar.

1 Like

Wasn’t this thread made back before the range nerfs were made?

Let it die.

1 Like

The necro bois are out.

1 Like

Number adjusting takes no time, compared to reworks.
It’s not like the team responsible for reworks are thinking “Hey you know, let’s jump this rework ship and nerf Anub”.
They will stil balance other characters while working on reworks x)

This is probably one of the reasons why the game becomes less popular.
Because people don’t understand simple things like this and starts a rant all over the place.

1 Like

i don’t like were this is going

1 Like

Dont worry my friend it happend 6 months ago

5 Likes

The first time i find thread necromancy funny, cool.

2 Likes

Its fine Anub. Dont you worry.

1 Like

https://media1.tenor.com/images/451365ba8c326ee10d8e6c475995f5fd/tenor.gif?itemid=16737844

2 Likes