Bugged Leyline(?)

First Leyline: almsot stole boss
Icewall: kinda a miss
Second Leyline: even the capture point timestopped, wut?

1 Like

I had to watch it many times, the conclusion is I think Deathwing contests the point even when he is in Stasis.

The capture point didn’t get time stopped but DW kept contesting it even when he was supposed to be out of map. That can’t be intended. At least I hope it is a bug, that he can do that while in Stasis (even if he is coded as some kind of Vehicle).

I don’t think DW is the problem here.

The example from the video is something I would expect from Void Prison since it is supposed to pause capture, considering it can be dropped instantly to cover an entire point and also prevent follow up entry into the area for the duration, allowing for no counter play. Leyline can both be dodged and it has travel time.

After rewatching, DW is time stopped on the return trip of first leyline cast. Red Kharazim walks onto the point to contest just as it reaches 90% in favour of Blue. Mei misses her own time stop entirely and hits no one (question if two of the the abilities even overlap). You somehow manage to cast second Leyline with the help of level 16 cooldown reduction talent.

What I did notice is around 8 sec into the clip Abathur disappears from the map which indicates he made a copy of someone - in this case of Arthas (Juno) and he is the top health bar out of three Red players standing on the point during the final time stop. DW is long dead at this moment and Hammer is on the side.

You cut off the video early but I think his clone was for some reason still contesting. Regular Arthas had previously used Anti Magic Shell so nothing is bugged there and I don’t believe Abathur has access to bonus abilities.

Something I also found:

https://old.reddit.com/r/heroesofthestorm/comments/cvi7tr/bug_abathur_clones_still_contest_points_while_ley/

I’m not sure if clones would be able to capture the point entirely on their own, as they can’t finish the channel on Bell Tower objectives for example (they fail the channel).

1 Like

That’s probably it.
That bug cost us the game, because we won the fight, but lost the boss so we had to defend instead of pushing the free lane :frowning:

1 Like

Heya!

I just wanted to pop in to confirm that this appears to be the same Abathur Clone issue linked above. The good news is, as of the patch today, this should be fixed!

2 Likes

I’m really glad to hear this :3