Blizzard backtracking on the QM rules is the worst thing they've done

Not kidding. It was a breath of fresh air when I was able to play in a game and be guaranteed a healer, a tank, and one ranged damager. Yet, they didn’t wait a WEEK before backtracking on it. They backtracked so fast, that the conditions are still in the QM conditions when you look at the characters.

It’s gone back to being dumb to play. I want to be able to join a match as a tank and know I can have a healer so I’m not suicide frontlining. I want to join as a Malthael and know the enemy team at least HAS a frontline. I want to join a match against a Genji as a healer knowing my team has at least SOME form of tank to peel that bastard off of me. If you play any bruiser or melee assassin, it’s a complete toss up to whether you’re going to have a good time.

And before of the people chime in ‘QM is supposed to be quick’, five minute wait time is still quick. Seriously, find something else to do while you’re waiting in the lobby. It’s not that long a wait.

37 Likes

They still try to force standard comps, the system is just not too rigid so queue times are not too long. Blizzard care about people having quick matches as much as they care about people having good games. Now we get a system that is something in between so it’s just fair for everyone.

11 Likes

Playerbase not taking the responsibility to not have long queue times instead of better quality games is the worst thing they ever done.

3 Likes

Except it’s not fair to everyone. It’s basically the same system as before. Your chances of getting a ‘fair’ match abysmal. Trying to appease everyone is going to end up appeasing nobody. I cannot, for the life of me, understand people who want 30 seconds of queue time for a time minute where they get stomped because half the team they’re on are playing heroes that are utterly useless to that particular composition, or there’s a hero on the enemy team that literally can’t be stopped.

8 Likes

Triple frontline vs single bruiser is my favourite.
Heavy cc vs little to none

3 Likes

It’s not though. 70% of my matches still have a tank + healer in the game with mirrored roles. 20% usually have either a tank or a healer with mirrored roles. 8% have just mirrored roles and 2% have whatever because people queued in a group of 3 tanks and that just couldnt get matched with anything.

It’s funny, because with the forced system that’s what was happening, pretty unfair matches. You had to wait so long (10min+) for the system to find a match that you would end up with a team from a wide mmr range, making the experience pretty bad. Now you at least play with people from similar mmr.

Something is between is the most fair. We had this conversation before here over and over again. 50% wants really long queues with super hyper perfect comps with perfect games, while the other 50% just want to have a quick queue and have some fun.

In the end, the system we have now is the most fair for the purpose of a quick match.

One last thing, you probably should use the original thread to share your opinion, because any thread that tries to discuss things like this always ends up being a 50% 50% discussion that leads to people just fighting over and over.

5 Likes

I’m glad they did. When you want sensible comps, go to UD or play Ranked.

I like that QM gives you whacky comps and stuff that is outside the meta. Makes you think about how to win in non conventional ways and how to survive without tanks and healers.

10 Likes

Except UD and Ranked require you to follow the meta or you’re basically going to get griefed by your team. I want to join a match as Malth and not join a game where I feel worthless because the team has no frontline, while also not getting griefed in UD. Wacky is for brawl, which admittedly they need more than one mode a week, but I digress.

4 Likes

UD is also to test things out while having the opportunity to make the comp you want and banning things. Just queue UD and play your Malthael. If people start to flame you or anything, the mute buttom is there for a reason.

2 Likes

I had 2-4 minute queues with rare outliers during odd hours.
Hero League is 4-6 minutes right now, to make a comparison.
QM is now down to 20-30 seconds as a dps and about 50% have a proper trinity, if you count Artanis and Sonya as main tanks.

The only reason for not exploding on the forums as usual was that after I got Cassia to 5 (all losses), I decided to get those 0.8 levels on Nova, which turned into a massive winstreak.
Conspiration theorists: I had a stimpack running out, so I was guaranteed to play even if suffering miserably. Yes, I was team 1st-2nd on those Cassia matches.

They could apply region specific weights. I understand from all the complaining that the US region is either deserted, or people are ultra impatient.

TL,DR: It wasn’t bad, maybe a slight change was okay, but as usual they applied a “slight” adjustment of -80%.

ps.: Please bring back dislike. Currently the only way to disagree with a post is to reply to it.

1 Like

Yeah, because I want to be that guy that willingly picks against meta, and has the chance to screw the team.

I mean, the easier option would just be fixing the comp and not listen to the people griping because they have to wait 5 whole minutes for a match.

3 Likes

It’s unranked man, it’s supposed to be not that serious. Just pick the hero you want and have fun.

Also, you can play non meta heroes in ranked as well, you just gotta know when to draft them. God, I’ve seen Nova, Gazlowe, Butcher picks in GM and people still winning with them because they knew they could draft them.

4 Likes

Why are QM players such babies? QM is clown fiesta. People that are trying a new characters trying new talents, people that don’t understand game mechanics and you are worried about getting a tank or a healer?

QM hasn’t been good since forever, too many bad players that sit in this game mode that probably should be playing vs AI because they don’t understand what team fighting is, or what the objectives do.

Really, if you waste your breathe on QM, then you really should be trying a different game mode, its really that simple. TRY UNRANKED were at least people are actually drafting and playing the actual game and are actually have some type of strategy. That way people can’t play the most cancerous hero on the map or the most overpowered hero, where you can draft heroes that are needed to build a good comp. IF you are wasting your time playing QM then understand its CLOWN FIESTA time, that the game matchups are going to be broken and enjoy the most god awful game experience because the majority of the players in QM are worthless POTATOES!

2 Likes

Person strawmanning my point and insisting I play I mode I don’t want to play obvious #472, welcome to the thread.

I don’t want to play a mode that bans or even want a meta match. I want a match where I can go into a game and not risk being completely useless because the constraints of the hero require at least one other role within it.

For the record, I also enjoy QM for the most part, and Blizzard does at least agree with the sentiment there should be SOME quality control (e.g. a game where a team has a healer another doesn’t shouldn’t happen under any circumstance).

2 Likes

For a whole 30 seconds…

After that, the rules go out the window.

2 Likes

Then you should be content on not having a META healer or tank.

Move along and stop trolling.

2 Likes

They should continue increasing the XP rewards for underpicked roles until the system has enough of each in the queue.

1 Like

I still get tank + healer games after 2 min, so I don’t know about that.

They could increase the exp to 1 bilion and it would still be the same. People don’t want to play tank or healer most of the time and that is the problem.

1 Like

I don’t want a meta, I made that abundantly clear if you were paying attention. I want a functional team, I don’t care of the healer or tank is top pick.

Stop insisting on something I didn’t say; perhaps take your own advice and stop trolling.

1 Like

QM matchmaking is broken. It’s a stupid joke. Instead of pairing me with higher skilled players it just gives me a parade of unwinnable games.

Done playing this game.

2 Likes