Best Heroes to Carry On

Darak, post your last 20-30 ranked games in a row. I’m pretty confident you are not talking about the same thing I am…

Carrying implies you can ensure a high chance of your team winning consistently every game you play. Thrall is only draft able in maybe 10% of your games tops. There is no way you are playing Thrall in the majority of your games. If you are playing him when he makes sense and winning on him – great. That is not the same thing as carrying…

The whole purpose of this thread was to discuss what/how to play to get yourself from a lower bracket to one you actually belong in. This means being able to grind out 100+ games and maintain a high win rate. Thrall does not allow you to accomplish this. I have a 100% win rate on Valeera when I play her, but I only draft her into the 5th slot and only under very specific conditions – I do not consider her a “carry” hero.

A bit off topic, but when do you draft valeera? I like valeera too sometimes, would like to know when she is a good pick.

I mean, I know the usual, if enemy heroes have no cc bla bla (but every enemy team has a tank and therefore has CC)

When to play Valeera is a bit hard to explain… First off, know what role she fills:

1. She is drafted into the Bruiser or Flex slot on the team
  2. She hard counters Tracer/Murky/TLV/Zagara/Probius, and is very strong against Genji/Zeratul/Illidan
  3. Valeera is one of the best “protect player X” characters – I always play her if my team has a Sgt Hammer

Now you are probably reading this and saying: well that is super rare! And that is my point. She is a niche pick. Also, she only has one build.

Well, I’ll just say to anyone who wants to grind, Thrall is one of the best heroes to do that. Try it yourself. Good luck in your grinding.

Let me guess that one build: crippling poison, relentless strikes (Q), mutilate (Q), either heroic (though I prefer cloak), E talent, seal fate (Q), elusiveness.

Is that right?

I quite like combat readiness combined with slice and dice though. The tankiness from combat readiness combined with not sacrificing the range of Q (by not taking mutilate) combined with cloak of shadows means that you get to dart in and out a lot without dying (although less damage)

Good thing trolls like you don’t have any say in this.

Combat readiness is fine, crippling is just the default pick.

I don’t think slice and dice is viable. You lose out on so much damage compared to mutilate, and especially if you don’t pick crippling poison you’ll have a hard time sticking and getting that much value out of it.

Why would I troll about this? Intentionally losing games just so you can get placed in a league lower than you deserve so you can stomp your way back up and bully lower ranked players is an awful thing to do (and against the ToS, therefore being banworthy). I don’t see how saying that is trolling.

1 Like

I mean that YOU are a known troll from your other posts. You don’t get to be non-troll if you say 1 sensible thing. On the other hand, I’m sometimes not sure, maybe you actually believe what you’re saying, but then that’s even worse.

Known troll? More like someone who has controversial opinions.

Besides he makes a good point this time lol you intentionally are playing poorly to lower your rank, therefore you are abusing the ranking system and giving your teammates a hard time, I would even go out and say that can be considered trolling.