Are we the forsaken?

With the departure of AJ jackson (sad) he was also known as the only dev that admitted to read the forums daily.

I will miss a reply on even the silly threads like fun fact about person X. It just shows he was there.

I dont think the other developers reply or read here because they all favor reddit.
Every ticket or feedback site is still being directed to this site and the forum community is incredible passionate and active.

But even with all of these things above I dont think they care. This saddens me and is just obvious if you scroll trough the “dev tracker”
So this is day 1 of the dark days without a dev on the forums

5 Likes

AZ Jackson will be missed. I remember when he said a nice comment about giving support Tassadar buffs just for Dr. Logan. He did say he hand picked the new person to replace him, hopefully that person sees the enthusiasm people have on this forum.

Planar has said many times that much of the misplaced frustration on the forums is from a lack of communication. I understand there must be some reason why Reddit has preference, but the community here is a good one and you would hope they would want to engage more on their offical forums.

11 Likes

I dont like reddit for a lot of reasons.
I feel the people on heroes reddit are showing off or self promoting rather then wanting to contribute to a discussion
I tried there but it seemed pointless

9 Likes

I post there quite a bit and besides top comments and a few good regulars I think it’s way more lowbrow and toxic than this forum ever was (even with the few trolls that have now mostly left).

It’s also full of very low ranks (or clueless folk) downvoting factual posts just because they can’t grasp the statistics or numbers presented in them. They don’t even bother to comment.

You just casually note Gazlowe was banned in 70% of games last week and you get 15 downvotes out of nowhere. Crude example, but I’ve seen that happen to a lot of users.

2 Likes

Great.
You do seem to be correct on the first. Very sadly for us.
I can tell you that you’re dead wrong on the second.

2 Likes

Yes ive read that but where is the proof?
We dont have any. We had the dev who works on AI a couple reply here and the last was in september 19.

Based on this I dont think they read anything and the only way they can convince me is by showing they are here on this forum

How do you prove “they’re reading and not responding”?

I will trust the lead developer who is leaving who says. Or are you believing that they read a lot, but not when they say other developers do?

I also think people far overestimate how much the developers comment on Reddit outside of Art and summon patch notes memes.

AZ really did comment often on the forums compared to other blue’s I can recall:

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/heroes/g/heroes-developer/activity/posts?category_id=6

I can’t imagine he had a ton of time to post. I still hope we can get some more feedback here in the future.

I cant stand the Reddit page, its such a happy bubbly echo chamber.

3 Likes

The reddit page is fine. I can handle echo chambers if it means community creations often end up most voted. Community created content like art and guides is what creates cohesion.

It’s hard to say if this is good or bad thing. Jackson was main guy when it came to game design and balancing. I dunno if things can really get worse in these things… At the same time for years they’ve always managed to do just that :skull_and_crossbones:

Maybe they will finally start fixing the balance of this game to give it future. Who am I kidding, we only got the leftover team who couldn’t get jobs elsewhere. They’re never gonna fix the game :sob:

I stop believing in loose words without proof
(Also I hope you enjoyed my name use of the forsaken)

1 Like

And you believed that…?

Yes I do. For the last months if he was going for another project I believe he has less to do with this forum.
But the rest havent showed much. So I believe they dont read most topics here and I would like to get proven wrong

1 Like

Meh I don’t blame them for not coming here. I’ve been on this forum for over 2 years and barely post anything as the most common reaction is condescension, snarky ness, or general negativity.

I wouldn’t dare post a balance suggestion on this forum as I know I’ll just get ripped for being a bad player.

Then we have a diffirent experience because I see plenty of good topics but the silly and the stupid ideas gets more attention

Many here suggested that Nova should have a talent like hanzos ignore all distractions on armor piercing rounds to improve waveclear. Its a super idea that doesnt make it too overpowered.
But threads like ‘nerf imperius because he is overpowered’ or ‘malthael feels bad’ gets more attention

3 Likes

I think he had mentioned that a lot of the devs did read the forums. They just didn’t post a lot.

Which, considering some of the people we have here, is completely understandable. A lot of people here just want to complain.

Also, our suggestions often make no sense. Remember when people complained that Imperius was a bad bruiser and should be buffed?

But I don’t think we should assume that his successor won’t be as good or worse. Why wouldn’t the next person be better?

1 Like

I believe you do have a different experience. Your posts are generally higher quality and worthwhile reads.

But heres an example I just saw today… why is he mocked? Because he hasn’t posted on the forum before? Because he wasn’t in the tech support forum?

1 Like

Thank you for the compliment, even if half of my posts were just rants or me just trying to prove a point :stuck_out_tongue: (now its the dev’s not replying at all)
But I don’t even bother to open those threads.

I am hoping to see more balance discussions or meta at one point

Activision doesn’t care, s’all.

Y’all know it already.