Anomaly - forfeit button in SL

finally a reasonable forfeit button suggestion.

except why limit it to SL?

Extremely unlikely to get a unanimous vote, especially when trying to place a surrender button in an anti-give up culture

Anomalies should affect everyone, not just these fringe cases that you laid out. In fact, the stars would have to align to satisfy all of your criteria

Just watch all those quitters who would push that ‘‘i quit button’’ after only 5 min of play

Games only last about 20-22 min in averange. Its not like Smite were games can last one hour or longer were the surrender button have a more meaningfull place

1 Like

But he said it would only apply if someone on your team has gone afk and didn’t return for 5+ mins. I oppose all kinds of regular surrenders, but something should be done about games where people instantly leave.

IMO, the game should be completely abandoned if more than 1 person quits in early game and never comes back.

Winning 3v5 with two AI’s is practically impossible. No need to surrender, or loss forgiveness - just cancel the match, send players back to queue and slap leaver penalties on the leavers.

Though since this would irritate the opposing team who aren’t guilty of anything, maybe they should gain 50-100 rank points each from the abandoned match - paid in full by the two (or more) leavers own rank points.

3 Likes

According to last AMA there is one last anomaly for last season and then they will likely stop doing any, i doubt it will be that.

However my trolling self would welcome something that retarded in game just to see idiots suffer because of their own stupidity and make SL even less playable for the most insignificant reason.

I may even want to play SL constantly to report for non-participation anyone using it.

???
I’m simply not seeing what you’re seeing.

Pretty sure what this means is we’ll see anomalies (or maybe the name will change) still. Just they won’t have them every season. They will likely be spaced further out. Some small ones akin to the Core abilities could happen more frequently?

3 Likes

Let’s get real , they won’t bother doing any other anomaly if people complain about the last one we’ll get and want it reverted.
Anomalies are not worth the effort, just listen to the community and make solo queues only and release ranged assassins already.

except that would literally be ignoring the community?

I mean, the anomalies are the replacements for “big yearly changes” so because of that I think they’l keep doing them.

But, maybe you’ll be proven right. I hope not.

4 Likes

I already predicted that they would likely refrain from releasing much anomalies way before the last ama because of the quality of backlashes the three of them got.

I think they are being evasive and count on the last anomaly to see if they’ll bother anymore.

Most people play solo and ranged assassin this is quite the fact.
Catering to solos who play dps would not ignore much people.
The three hobos playing with friends healing and tanking are not worth the effort.

the thing is, the changes they made to the first two anomalies made them mostly successful, I would say. The game is in a better place because of exp globes, core changes, and the final tower changes.

I didn’t quote the ranged assassin part because on that you’re 100% correct!

But a lot of friends I have who play HotS off and on will not play without at least one other person.

I don’t know the extra % of the playerbase that prefers groups to solo overall, but i’m guessing that it is very high.

Now, for ranked… Honestly there isn’t a way to really fix things unless they do something like rename URD “team draft” and turn real ranked into HL again.

Team based game emphasises on team work and groups shockingly working more in a team mindset. Solo Q out cries.

More news at 9.

I think they already had all those anomalies prepared and just pushed changes into the first two because they could not afford designing something else.

The issue with this forum and reddit is that the primary response to anything new is “uwaaaaaaaah scrap it NAO” or “should have scrapped it since PTR” some people try to discuss things and propose ways to change anomalies to the better and welcome changes do not get me wrong but they are a minority.

This kind of behaviour just do not give someone the drive to invest idea into things.
At least wanting to scrap the weather was understandable because of heavy technical issues . It was not the case with globes and towers.

Solos complaining about not facing solos is the biggest echo chamber there along “report system bullies me” and “i leave games but i am not a leaver ,let me leave games without leaver queue”.

Very few encourage people to play in groups for the social benefits or the challenge of playing the game in its intended way.
Lots of people advocating for play in groups say “play as 5 because me saltlord and want big winrate even though i get plowed the moment i play solo because me lowkey boosted”.

Probably why 5 stacks have less win rate than 4 stacks and one random.

See I get the whole ancedotal experience stuff, but it’s time to accept that in majority of time the way it match make stuff is very balanced, not perfect but is fine where it is.

DAE you gotta play solo Q to be considered a pro player 4head.

Gosh solo Q players are so full of themselves.

2 Likes

I mean, for ranked play, it does need to be all or nothing.
(5 man or soloQ).

That’s a hill I will die on.

Just to drop the facts.

The most common 5 solo faces is 5 solo, 36% of the time.

10% of all games are 5 stacks.

Most common team composition is made of 2 stacks and 3 solo is the most played team comp.

5 stacks have a 45% win rate against 4 stacks and a solo.

Out of all the 8k games played in this data, there were only 5 games of 5 solo vs 5 stack.

It’s such a weird thing that this whole 5 stack unbalanced garbage is probably the biggest echo chamber I’ve seen that is seems to be only even relevant due ancedotal.

Remember, my experience =/= everyone else.

5 Likes

i take it these stats are somewhere on heroesprofile?

… and i scrolled up and somehow managed to not read the title of the link earlier. haha!

nice link!

1 Like

That sounds like a good idea.
Leavers in SL need to be punish harder as you risk your rank in every game.

1 Like

There is actually.

1. people that intentionally troll games (afk/leave at start) do so because they feel they have power over other people. Tacking on a 5 min window frees up availability for said players to ruin more games in a much smaller period of time. Playing the game through curbs their ability to determine if they can troll another game.
    1a) Some people bail specifically because they think/know the game is ‘lost’. I’ve had a few occasions where our side holds or, or pushing toward victory when they come back, and it might not be an existential change in their lives, but the surprise at them being “wrong” despite having an ai in their place does do something for their perspective.
  1. The other team might also have an afk/dc, at which point the match is still ‘fair’. Since the game tends to not indicate an enemy ai, some people may not notice, esp on the select heroes that actually have a decent (or better than typical players) ai script and teams actually make use of pings to direct the leaver accordingly.
  2. It’s a bit more telling that people would rather give up, and keep on demanding situations for that, instead of other positive outlets. Instead of having an anomaly for surrender, have an anomaly for pitch hitters – use the observer slots as substitute players, so if there is an afk/dc, they take control and the other player is regulated to the watcher slot.

Then that system could be something like regular gold/xp even as a watcher, but less mmr if they don’t see any play. But then increased mmr if they do get to play.

There’s other outlets to keeping people playing the game than just wanting to move on and magically expect the next one to be better instead of putting forth the ideas to actually make it better.

1 Like

It would need to be a reasonably harsh penalty for the leavers, or otherwise people could just leave games they think “are lost in draft”. It also can’t be too harsh for someone who genuinely got disconnected. I’m not sure the opposing team should get rank point rewards, maybe some gold or shards.

I liked it best when it was Team League (5vs5) and Hero League, solo’s vs solo’s. In the AMA they said they are considering guilds. I’d be happy to have this option so I can more easily group up with people in my rank, without the drama’s that can come from private discords. And well, I’m shy and it’s easier for me to fit into a guild.