Allow Talent Undos

It changed my life when i learned about this.

2 Likes

Are you T to the Rolling cause that would be absurdly powerful, hard to implement and is not going to happen even with devs.

I would however like the ability to prepick a talent (Make it open up a tier or the level before) so when I get to the level it auto selects my talent.

1 Like

Ok then… if you want to truely compare, what if they made it so you had to be in the hall of storms to select a talent?
You could then undo if you wanted prior to leaving?

Personally I think think this is a downgrade.

1 Like

I’d rather have a toggleable “are you certain you want that talent” so ppl cannot missclick, than having a system of repicking talents, that can be abused no matter how smart you implement it.
Like the goal even in this thread’s op, that you shouldn’t have to face the consequencies of your mistakes, so just make doing mistakes even harder. No need to open a can of worms just so something super rare becomes superduper rare even without putting some slight efforts into it.
For example, the “can only repick in the base”… so pick your talent there? No missclicks. The only legit circumstance where you can legit pick wrongly, is by picking it in an ongoing fight.

3 Likes

This is the cleanest solution to this problem, if it even counts as a problem. I’d be fine with this, so long as it follows your suggestion that I can toggle the dialogue box off, as often levels happen in the middle of a battle and I know the talent I want, and don’t want to be slowed down with an interrogator.

3 Likes

Same. Like I can still count on a single hand how often did I missclick a Talent from 11k games, and it wasn’t even that important of a mistake.

3 Likes

I think the biggest issue is when we start thinking about the consequences, instead of just rolling with it. Takes some mental capacity. Adjusting on the go might be a skill. Plus worrying about what the teammates will say. I mean, best example Vile Infection. Taking it with 80 stacks because Ctrl+0, or not taking it at 250 stacks because whoops. Sure, Humongoid or Unstoppable is good (I guess), and we might last to level 30 and finish my stacks, but. (In contrast, Li Li / Li-Ming are as you describe, any available choice is workable at 20. Archon siege ftw.)

Although some misclicks are a problem. Li-Ming 16 is one great example as Fireflies change Q behavior a lot - basically, you’ve practiced predictions for 10 minutes and now you’ll miss everything. Or you are full Q+AA build on the D3 1on1 map (name eludes me) and now you are missing 50% of your damage.

What if it’s Elvis asking you if you really want the talent, so you get

An Impersonator!

1 Like

Elvis skin for E.T.C when?

1 Like