AFK Reports do Nothing

For the past two weeks I’ve played with a player by the name of “BGudOrMeFeed” over 10 times and he immediately leaves the game at the start every time. I’ve reported him every single time along with other players in the game, yet I find him in my games every single time I sit down to play. This happens back to back games on occasion too. What is the purpose of the report button if it literally does nothing? It honestly feels like the report shoots out of a printer and right into a shredder with how much of an impact it has.

1 Like

There is a somewhat high chance you are right. Which is why most people abuse the system by using the “Abusive Chat”- report category for every single offense.

It’s not its’ intended use, it’s stupid, but it works and removes those people from Ranked games since it is automated and requires no human supervision (as soon as you hit your report threshold of 20-30 unique reports you get silenced).

1 Like

there are retards reporting you as well, just because you are not doing whatever they want, thats why blizzard cant do much about it, how will you determine the real reports?, there are not much people watching all that report tho.

i use to get many reports as valeera since guys on QM dont want to soak exp, not even until 10, they just want to gank as children chasing the ball in a soccer game.

Reports do nothing in this game and blizzard will not ban players. Why would a company on a free to play game ban players who are playing there game? They do not care how many trolls are flooding the game, they only care about numbers.

Now should these people that feed and afk be dealt with, most certainly but as I said blizzard only cares about numbers.

Tell that to the thousands who got permabanned for saying things in chat that a snowflake deemed “offensive”

1 Like

I highly doubt that those people were permabanned.

They were… my main account is proof

1 Like

Did you have any offenses before that? I know they send you a log of what you said when they give you a action against verbal abuse.

When you play all day every single day, eventually you will be banned, all it takes is enough reports, only way I stopped getting my new account banned is to mute chat

I am still curious on what you did to get banned, I was silenced for a month and I was given a log of what they found offensive. What was yours?

“VERBAL ABUSE” apparently telling someone they are bad constitute an offence. So now I use sarcasm and say stuff like: YO man 2 more deaths and you will be at 10! Good JOB!

Blizzard couldn’t care less about the real issues with their games, they’re too busy falsely banning the people who get upset with the problem. The only thing they see is the retaliation, unlike paragon when I played if you got reported they looked at both players and gave them both a ban if they were being toxic to each other.

Yeah I do not believe you.

it takes hundreds of reports over a period of time by multiple players. If you’ve been banned in this game you earned it.

Not according to this…

Also note the part where they say it takes hundreds of reports and the measurements you use. If you want to avoid someone get their fullname from the screen and /w hisusernamehere DONT send a message you dont have to do that then just right click in the chat box and the full menu of chat will show all the lounges you are in and whispers you have active. If you have done this right it will show his name in the whisper category and if you hover it will show his state (in menus , in game, waiting etc…) when he’s in game its safe to queue and he’s someone else’s problem

You must be new to the forums. Many people came to these forums and the old ones to complain about having their account banned for abusive chat. That is the one category that works and is maybe a tad overzealous.

One reason I feel it often punishes the wrong people, is for a very long period of time you could receive a suspension for chat abuse even with chat disabled. Blizz acknowledge this and changed the rules, but didn’t lift or change the records of those falsely silenced/suspended. The only exception to this was if you were a famous streamer like Grubby.

Not long after this change they brought in a new tougher system, 3 chat suspensions and your account is banned. This wiped out many accounts as any suspensions prior to this counted in the new system. The chat ban primarily punished those who played a large volume of ranked games and chatted, or those who were seriously and obviously abusive.

This seems to be the case. Though a couple of my friends who received a silence did get a human response, but that was before they canceled the HGC and put this game into maintenance mode. However, their tickets were identical aside from the chat lines cited to suspend them. None of them used bad language, racial abuse or death threats. I remember one line cited from a friends ticket “Valla you need to Attack the Immortal while we’re defending”, the reason given for this being abusive was it was “telling another person how to play”, which is apparently against the COC.

When it comes to reports for AFK, Intentionally feeding, well they seem to be far more lenient and the threshold to be much higher as there are many reports of trolls accounts who have been around since launch throwing constantly and never being punished.

Before anyone says it, no, I haven’t been silenced and I do think we need a system in place to curb bad behaviour. But it doesn’t mean the system we have currently is above reproach.

Sarcasm was cited on my friends ticket as something that could get you a chat ban and is against the COC, so be careful. :slight_smile:

Naming and shaming is not allowed on the forums. We have no evidence of your claim and we don’t need people starting a witch hunt over the word of one lone forum-goer.

Please edit your post to remove the player’s name.

1 Like

There are plenty of moronic bans thats been discussed here, reddit as well as documented on youtube by streamers, etc. That’s part of the reason why this game is dead: it’s not an offense to ruin the draft, but it is to point it out in chat.

I’ve been silenced for sarcasm in game as well as banned from the forums for the same thing. Half of my friend list left long time ago due to idiotic silences, etc.

1 Like