Accept a loss and move on

Don’t give up prematurely, but IF you lose (OR if you win!!), make sure to examine your personal mistakes first before blaming ANYTHING for the loss/win.

3 Likes

A loss is not placed on one individual player, that’s why it’s tough to accept a loss and the MM gives you 4 of those into your team so any kind of player might enter your team causing a loss. Draft is a lesser problem for a loss than the actual allies you get.

Actually a loss is placed on one player when they are afking at base or just auto walking into turrets.

True but i was talking in a sense were everyone is actually playing, afk’ers happen but far less than it does.

Everyone has to accept the loss eventually (I’m assuming after the game is over, not during). How and when they do it is really up to them. You just don’t have the bandwidth to worry about that once the next game pops. If people want to stew in that for a moment, oh well.

I could be projecting here, but I can’t help but feel that people who say this probably were on the receiving end of criticism. So, if telling someone to accept a loss is just your way of not taking accountability for your part in the loss, that’s kind of a lost opportunity to improve and learn. Ultimately, you have the power to mute anyways.

Because when i finally start climbing in ranks, I have to suddenly play 7 games in a row with 30% win rate 1st pick Genjis.

I dont want to play with these people ever. Let alone 7 times in a row. Just let me rank to where i belong, and don’t make me wade through so much toxic garbage for so incredibly long.

1 Like

reported for abusing the report system

1 Like

But how am i supposed to feel better about myself if i dont obnoxiously blame everything and everyone so i dont have to self reflex that my 25 deaths may have been the reason our team lost !?

1 Like

:laughing: :laughing:

1 Like

It sounds to me like you’re having problems with salty team-mates attempting to blame anyone but themselves, for their loss. As well as the given percentage of troll types who are going to start fights with their teammates anyway, to get their jollies off.

I say just mute everybody at the start of a match. That’s what i do most of the time. Pings are really all you need in terms of communication and directing your team to vital areas.

I stay focused and play a LOT better, and with more chill matches, when i don’t have to listen to a crappy team mates whining.

Edit: To mute any of your guys, press tab. That should bring up the menu. The icons for muting, reporting, etc, is next to their names.

Not it is not ok “whatever the reason”. If I lose because people don’t even know the basics although they played hundreds of matches and then die 15 times or walk solo to the objective into the whole enemy team, then it is NOT ok, that I lose because Blizzard can’t put players with the same skill level into the same matches!

2 Likes

If that person is dying 15 times then the game is over. You have 0 chance at that point.

Thus you should be able to just lose and move on. People have this never quit attitude with those players and I promise you you are gonna win maybe 4% of the time and that is not worth it.

Because hots is a TEAM based game and individual skills don’t matter as much as in other MOBAs or pvp games. No matter how hard you can carry, what hero you play, you still need your team, even a GM playing in bronze-silver cannot 1vs5 under most circumstances. Because it relies so heavily on teamwork, individual effort can’t change the game as much. For example you’re dominating top lane on braxis but your teammates lost bot fort within 3 mins, or you’re opening fights perfectly as tank but getting zero follow-ups…And since hots has one the best comeback potential in mobas, one small mistake by one of your teammate late game can result in a possible loss…That’s why losing in hots feels more defeated than losing in other games.

1 Like

No it’s not! If I lose, it means something’s wrong with the game.

2 Likes

Lol that is what most people think yeah

1 Like

The game’s cheatin !

Medivh cheats, obviously. It even says so in the talent tab!

3 Likes

Because if the game forces you a downward spiral, then it’s not fun. QM where you get countered by the picks is not fun and is more or less a forced loss.

1 Like

People do not understand that qm is like aram. It does not matter if you win or lose. Its basically practice or goofing off. Everyone treat qm like it is ranked but then never plays ranked when all they care about is winning.

You should not accept a loss since there’s almost always some guy dragging you down causing you to loose and you don’t deserve it.