Abilities not going dark when on cooldown

For some reason when I use an ability the icons for those abilities are not going dark but are still showing the cooldown timer. It’s a little confusing because it somewhat looks like all of my abilities are always up but with numbers on it. I don’t know what I did to make this happen.

1 Like

Happens to me frequently when I alt-tab out too many times in a row or get a graphical lag spike.

It also makes the score tab transparent.

I haven’t found a way to fix it besides restarting the client.

See if it happens in the PTR client, it just got released last night and will hit live server next week.

Don’t worry about downloading 15 gb, the game will copy files and download what’s left of the patch.

Hey Trev!

When you say go dark, what exactly do you mean.

1. They are not greying out, like they usually do when you cannot cast or are out of mana, or
  2. They are not getting any sort of change after you cast it apart from numbers appearing on top of the button art.

This happens sometimes when you get disconnected. As someone else said, it also makes the score tab transparent and the fix is indeed to restart the client.

1 Like

They are not getting any sort of change after you cast it apart from numbers appearing on top of the button art.

Normally, when an ability goes on cool down, the icon is darkened and a timer’s arm will spin around to erase that dark layer over the icon until it’s off cool down again. By the sounds of it, GriM is missing that layer.

I have the same problem any idea how to fix it? I tried rebooting my computer.

I also have this very same issue almost every day… it’s very annoying and i have no idea how to fix this !

Yet another thread about this issue with no solution…