Zephris doesn't see board buffed by Quest Hunter properly

I apologize in advance if I couldn’t find a proper Zephris bug report thread.

Please, someone explain to me how did Zephris spot a lethal here:

hsreplay[dot]net/replay/WDsLBLjhKUeLNQi86knZaH#turn=11a

He was at 10 life total with Zilliax on the board and I had 2 1/1s. How exactly could I even have a lethal with Bloodlust, Fireball and Pyroblast? I would have expected a Shadow Word death, a multiple shot, a blizzard, even a silence, any card but those. Don’t mind me picking a Bloodlust instead of Fireball to trade his Zilliax because I was upset, but the only explanation is he thought my oppo had no board so I could HP + Fireball + face with my 1/1 mechs.

Just because Zephrys offered you damage-oriented cards, that doesn’t necessarily mean he saw an opportunity for lethal; he just thought those cards were “the best” in the current situation.

What actual bug are you reporting here?

I am sorry but those were clearly not the perfect cards, so what I am reporting is exactly this.

If no opportunity for lethal exists, how do you define a “perfect” card?

Dear shuteye, If you have played or seen Zephris being played enough, you would have known which cards were perfect for that situation. I have reported some examples above.

Bloodlust allowed you to clear his board, which was pretty good. Shadow Word: Death would have only cleared one minion. I don’t understand why you think that would have been a better choice.

I agree Multishot would have been really good.

Bloodlust is indeed a board clear, but at the expense of losing your own board and healing the opponent for 5.
SW: Death is a board clear at the expense of the own board but without the healing.
Blizzard and multi-shot are both board clears without downsides.

I have to agree with the OP here that there were clearly better choices available that should have been offered.

1 Like

Point is it’s not important which cards were best according to each and everyone of us, but we can all agree that Zephris could have offered at LEAST one card to deal or gain advantage with the board if lethal is not possible. That led me think it did not account for my opponent’s board which had a taunt and a lifesteal, and that is why I minded opening a thread.

Does Zephrys recognize Lifesteal?

I am not sure about lifesteal but I am sure about taunt: it can give you a Black Knight, a silence, or mass dispel among the others.

Avenging Wrath would very likely have been lethal in that scenario. I suspect he understands Lifesteal as a mechanic to some extent, but perhaps his search for lethal failed to account for it when counting potential damage to the enemy hero.

1 Like

If you’d only had four mana, I wonder if he would have offered Multishot.

and zephry doesnt offer my silence when i have 0 mana! wtf do i need backstab for when their voidcaller is damaged? cheat out of my win again!

I don’t believe Zephrys understands Deathrattles.

We know Zephrys does not understand most card texts, so I would assume it knows about deathrattles, but probably not what each one does. So for a deathrattle minion, it should favor silence over kill, but I would not say this is guaranteed.

Source:

1 Like

Although what you’re stating is true, this thread was not opened as a request to teach Zephrys how to deal with a single specific minion or mechanic; but because in my specific case it offered sub-optimal cards while it should have accounted for my opponent’s board.