Yashraaj not affected by freeze

The balinda elemental can’t freeze yashraaj during his shadow attack working as intended?

I’ve seen that one, but it does not seem exactly like a bug. Unlike traditional Hearthstone, the Freeze effect is supposed to make a character lose it’s next ability (while frozen), not attack, so it’s consistent with it’s definition. In fact, in such cases you can see how Y’Shaarj gets frozen after finishing his Defiled Attack.

I see what your saying but then to be consistent the ability has to also work on other characters that have multi-hit abilities such as maestra. But it freezes maestra when she hits. That also goes for devilsaur

Do you mean King Krush? I don’t recall whether the abilities in question are bugged, to be honest… This needs some testing, ideally — with a testing partner. If this behaviour can be confirmed to occur consistently, then it might stem from another root cause, most likely related to poor programming… I’ll try to explain what I mean.

What I assume is that some abilities might be coded like this: do something, if it deathblows, cast this ability again. Another, seemingly unrelated, example: if Ragnaros’s ‘DIE, INSECTS!’ gets corrupted by a cursed treasure, he takes damage every time the ablility fires. Consequently, I would assume that some abilities are coded like this, which results in the bug with freezing — the next iteration, which is treated as casting a new ability, being lost to the freezing effect, while for Y’Shaarj’s Defiled Attack it’s different. Such sloppy coding…

If this little… theory is true, then they should actually address the root cause and organise the way such abilities are cast properly.