Why not do this? Twist

Why not just re-do the Twist format from the past month for the next month, instead of disabling it? A lot of people enjoyed that twist mode, especially the first 15 days or so. Getting to play Classic again even for just a day was so great. Let alone all the other sets/expansions. I swear Blizz sometimes I don’t understand (and I am very understanding) why you pass up such easy wins for your company

4 Likes

i totally forgot about twist mode, i keep forgetting it

it seems like a total waste of a mode

2 Likes

Or just bring back the original Classic mode for months when there is no new Twist. Some people may want to complete the Achievements for Classic.

2 Likes

Actually, that day was mostly botched due to a bug:

That’s great, I feel the same way about Battlegrounds and Standard. Fortunately, I think we can have 1 more mode among the many modes we have without issue

I agree and have advocated for that a lot, I’d be happy with that too/instead

I know, I was there, but then it was fixed and we got some time to play Classic

Monthly reminder to not spend a dime on this format since it will most probably get discontinued by the end of the year.

Luckily this past month was simply a progressive Wild format, so no real investment was required (at least for already-wild players)

It’s not about the format itself (which was awful) that is making it go away. In the eyes of the money men it’s not making enough money to justify the mode existing. It’s purely a numbers game and twist just didn’t make the cut.

I understand, but I don’t condone or defend those business practices. I wish consumers flexed their muscle more than the bend over and take it mentality. You don’t need a business degree to see how Twist can make them money, maybe not directly so much, but active users happy consumers = stock price increases it all leads to more money (that they willingly miss out on for…idk the reason, probably like you said, some business contingent in the company saying this makes us money but if we push them to something they may not want or enjoy as much but we force them to that thing that makes us more money we will make more money haha okay good work gang, we are worth our degrees and salaries now, boy these consumers sure are stupid) advocate for the change you would like to see otherwise what are we even doing?

1 Like

Classic ist the only Mode i’ve never climbet to Legend.
It would be great to have the Chance to fill this gap :wink:

Unfortunately they experimented with creating a new market within the HS community and it failed. Certainly they could have incentivized it better with a discount on older packs or a package for packs from the sets that were being played in the current twist season.

Unfortunately they didn’t put a whole lot of effort into making the mode interesting and tailored toward a promotion that could be targeted. It was also a big ask an a hurdle to make a new format like this as popular as Standard and BG’s. Those two formats are their most played formats with BG’s being their top performer even over Standard. To approach those numbers was all but impossible without some huge marketing push to get players buying older packs or older packages(if they had done that).

Take all that together and then mix in the lead who created and sold blizzard on Twist leaving the company before the first season launched and you had a failure in the making basically. It also came at the same time Blizzard was being actively acquired by MS and there is no way Bobby was going to authorize more money into the already anemic HS budget. I mean they basically nuked the competitive scene from orbit already. They then followed it by axing a large portion of the HS staff and other blizzard employees.

I expect it to roll on for a couple more seasons that they had in the pipeline and then it gets the axe like Duels. They will have the game basically be Standard and Wild in a year or so with Wild in Maintenance mode and standard rolling out expansions as usually and most likely spin off BG’s to it’s own thing so they can more aggressively monetize it.

A mere few hours… Not all of us can play the game round the clock.

1 Like