Why i'm going to play TFT for now

Godspeed my dude and may you find fun in TFT, I’d been tryng MTG Arena for a change and while the game is quite resouce dependant and internet demanding for my potato PC at times the free player experiance is just legues away from this cash grabbing game, and while being F2P is totally posible in HS some desing decitions and “balance” changes had been brutal while giving a blind eye to others equally guilty and troublesome problems just to appeal the whine of a few divas from the streaming or pro comunity.

Well, if that’s your standard then no CCG is really going to satisfy your expectations. TFT being an auto-battle game puts it into a different genre more like a MOBA, which operates off a different system. Good luck with it and enjoy.

CCGs are not going to ever adopt the MOBA pricing model. Gamers who want to have “100% of a game’s content for free” really should be very careful when approaching a CCG. dCCGs are games where a player can certainly have a broad and deep gaming experience for free … but they will probably not ever have “100%” of a CCG’s entire content for free (unless they’re very dedicated).

If that is a person’s personal threshold for what they find acceptable? Yeah - CCGs are not the genre for them. CCGs are collections … and collections expect the collector to expend time or resources if they want to have it all. CCGs aren’t games where a person is either required or expected to “have it all” though. Some folks just can’t seem to grapple with that reality.

I’m going to work soon and I don’t have time for this new ‘Adventure’ maybe tonight. :grinning:

Yeah, tried one more game of 1 2 3 RNG in casual before saying enough of this hoo haa.

Was a 2nd Hunter Match this one Quest.

2 Scavenging Hyenas
2 Vicious Scalehide
Got My Desert Spear
2 Timber Wolfs
Got my Lynx
Got my Masters ready to go so I never run low on Beasts. Got a 2nd one midge for insurance.
Got My Dire Frenzy
Got my Unleash the Hounds ready to go for game finisher or board trading.
2 Hench Clan Hogsteeds
One Halazzi, the Lynx
One Savannah Highmane

Just watching the first 5 cards off the top of the deck. Looking at the score board. 5 cards. Thats all it took again for the Hunter. The nice clump of perfect cards right off the top and getting owned with no way out.

Who needs 30 cards when the game deals me the same 10 each time hey?

By only 8 cards played and the duplicates of each card, though Masters call on 4 could have induce this - it was game but the Hunter just wants to keep playing his 50 beasts he still has left.

Always thinking of that famous forum thread from the old boards. “You’re not playing against a person, you’re playing against a dealer”. Such excitement for 50 gold daily Quest.

What about read the entire text or at least not nitpick parts of it out of context?

I literally said that I understand why it isn’t free and I accept it.
But that with a price for the game my expectations from it change like most people who pay for something.

I other words my standards for stuff I put my money in get really higher compared to my standards to stuff I don’t and hearthstone isn’t fulfilling my expectations for a certain time now.

2 Likes

I read it and fully understood it. As I said … good luck with your choice and enjoy. Most of what I said was not commentary for you, but a more generalized declaration about some basic facts regarding CCGs versus other game genres. People need to know what they’re getting into beforehand rather than after the fact … and so making those facts plain can help others make better decisions.

That way they can avoid the journey that you took several years to figure out.

Have you never played League? Riot cares less about their playerbase than Blizzard. Their balance is worse than Blizzard. They may not “make” you pay to win, but they will release 50+ cosmetic items that you need real money to get before even the slighest amount of a decent balance update. TFT is no different. The mode is more RNG infested than HS. It’s fun for about a week but typically gets abandoned after that

To be fair I played and you know what?

I care less about how much a company “cares” for players than on how good the game itself is.

Also if I was against RNG I would not play hearthstone all those years.

acutally TFT is also equally, if not more then unbalanced then HS rofl. The plus side though, is tft is completely f2p. No need to spend money only on cosmetics.

A lot of the cards like evelynn that does incredible damage at 65% was way too OP. Even now when she was nerfed to 50% is still a very good card, and some synergies and heros are broken.

And one of the most stupid things that i have encountered is the carousell nonsense where people who get 1st are punished by being forced to choose your item and hero last. And ofc other players will see you being first and might purposely choose the one that fits your comp/item most to make you suffer extra since being 1st is very prominent.

Its like for example, if you say sheep big priest obsidian statue, because you technically won that round, your opponent gets to choose one card to take the next turn and say if your opponent chooses kazakus, you think its fair for your next turn you choose eternal servitude? ofc not since they have plenty of other res spells. I argued this on discord but apparently flawed logic always prevail.

I agree, the nerfing mage out of existence made no sense, then offering 1/20 of refund for 20k dust deck.

What mobile game would you recommend?

TFT isn’t mobile right?

When you find out a mobile game tell me too.

Teppen is quite interesting.
It’s very fresh, and player agency, due to being directly related to real time choices impacting card draws and board-tempo, may perhaps interest you.
You probably know of it, already.
But on the off-chance you did not:
Here ya go.

1 Like

Sounds interesting. Was in a game vs a Mage that won in 8 cards. Sorcerer Apprentice, 2 fireballs, 1 frost bolt, 1 mage trick, 1 dart frog, 2 spellzerkers. The dart frog kept my side clear. I had a bad mulligan and he could double up and ping is zerkers right away. 25 dmg from 3 spells. Nice top draw.

Looking for a game with more f a challenge and tactical decision based vs luck and rng.

Game before that was vs a Warlock that doubled up on imp summoning, 1 knife juggler, 2 giant imps, a soul fire. And by the time I could play 3 taunts towards the end it was the lets go fishing for a direct dmg discover spell. After 3 try in the same town the Warlock found one. =P

Try Dota Underlords. It is TFT but with DOTA characters. It is free of course and on mobile as well as pc.

I thought you talking about The Frozen Throne and was lost for a while.