Who else uses an original deck?

because calling people delusional, paranoid, and mocking people for their username instead of actually “engaging with the topic” (you know, one of you favorite go to phrases) isn’t exactly the kind of trolling and harassment you claim not to engage in. Because reasons.

And of course, doubling down on that very same trolling and harassment in the same post:

which have NOTHING to do with the topic being discussed, but are meant to falme, troll and harass.

But naturally, the mods will continue to give a free pass for this, even though it violates:

Repeatedly targeting a specific player with harassment can lead to more severe action.

Playing the semantic game:

doesn’t work either, because it’s still trolling and harassment.

Interesting how if someone had decided to mock you, your username or your choice of character portrait (and they wouldn’t get away with “muh description” defense), they would have been stopped cold by the mods long ago. But you get a free pass for years.

The real question that has to be asked it why you get a free pass. And the answer to that question would say a lot more about the frat boy culture about actiblizz than they would like to admit.

1 Like

No, the real question is why you are still allowed to post anything on this forum after all the abuse of reporting system, instigating and spreading of lies and misinformation. You’re single-handedly ruining the experience for many of us.

4 Likes

Yes. Targeted harassment is a violation of the coc. Period.

Looks like some “lies and misinformation right there.”

Unironically posted. Many posts got mass flagged by you and your friends simply because you disagreed with them, which is an abuse of the report feature and violation of the coc.

Meanwhile, this post gets removed:

Which part of it broke anything from terms of conduct?

That’s it, I’m fed up with this forum. Feel free to close the account forever. Bye.

I had a post removed today, which was a relatively neutral reply about TAVERN BRAWLS that barely anyone cares about since they only need 1 win.

It’s as if some people report at random.

It’s not random. While abusing the report feature in this fashion:

is a violation of the coc:

• Abusing the Reported Post feature by sending false alarms or nonsensical messages

and those who repeatedly do it fall under:

Repeatedly violating any area of the Blizzard Terms of Use or Forum Code of Conduct, including the areas detailed above, will often result in permanent banishment from the forums.

For some reason certain people get a free pass, even for “final warning” offenses. Even when they are repeated. For years.

I do enjoy creating my own decks. But when I want to climb rank I do peak at top decks and then I will tweak them. I have the most fun with decks I make up though.

I remember from WoW forums, Blizzard never had permanent banning (only up to months-banning). Though it depended a lot on community moderators; if they don’t like you: you’d easily get the hammer; there are people who consider it “harassment” if you “dare” to not agree with them and unfortunately they often have the most power in a forum because most other people don’t take it that seriously to even bother moderating for free.

All the time. Every deck of mine is mine. What is the point of playing if you don’t even use your brain? May as well just call and flip coins then

There isn’t enough cards to make original decks

100% agree.

Every deck we might come up with in our head have been already made and tested, at least by blizzard when designing the card.

Blizzard doesn’t just print seemingly random card with random text, they know what archetype and strategy will rise from these cards.

1 Like

I believe you’re overestimating Blizzard’s testing. If there’s any, it’s minimal, as evidenced by broken cards being spotted by players before they’re even released.

1 Like

When you print a card like Odyn, it’s not exactly being nostradamus to anticipate people will play Odyn with armor card like heavy plate or shield block.

I could come up with an unrefined Odyn warrior without looking up any website, it’s not exactly rocket science.

And then my homebrew card would look like a netdeck with a few unusual cards maybe. So when it comes to that, what is the difference between homebrew and netdeck, really?

Shudderwock would like a word with you.

You’ll find that making your own deck that becomes successful ultimately leads to a deck that is already available on “the sites” if that’s what brings you joy, discovery on your own, then that’s great. But some people don’t have that kind of patience or time.
Personally, I like to try stuff on my own for a few weeks but eventually you just gotta give in and see what actually is working.

“Yes and no” at several levels.

a) While you can netdeck a few archetypes for each class in a relatively predictable manner: there is always room for customization inside the same decks: for instance the top Legend players routinely take a netdeck and replace only 3 or 4 cards to make it better.

b) Predictability is a handicap; even if “theoretically the deck becomes worse”(it may not even become worse but for the sake of argument assume it’s theoretically worse): it may become “effectively better” because others won’t predict all your cards and they’ll defend badly.

c) IT DEPENDS ON OPPONENTS; every single deck that is considered “best” practically-always depends on other decks being bad against it; e.g. if everyone played the same “best” deck(mirroring) then all of them become BAD (exactly 50% win rate on avg).

Also Blizzard are unlikely to be perfect at their predictions; e.g. a Dev just admitted that they changed a card ONLY BECAUSE THE ART CHANGED (they removed the types from it because it became neutral as art); also it’s obvious they can barely balance Standard[(if at all) and they appear to not be able to balance Wild so they have limits and their limits at being able to balance the game often show].

all my decks are from 2020 or 2021. however, I recently lost to someone playing basic cards like Sen’jin Shieldmasta. It was like I was in a time warp but they curved out perfectly.

It isn’t worth the hassle. These people are so hopelessly deluded as to be irrational.

I just flag them and move on now.

There are days I run out of flags, which is a new thing.

I opened a support ticket on that, actually.

Just put them on ignore and move on.

I don’t know how, his profile is hidden

Also, isn’t that a temporary solution? Like, a one-day thing?

Doesn’t matter, it’s high time I learn to control my emotions. Just because they’re irrational doesn’t mean I have to be

Go to your own Profile > Preferences > Users and you should see a space to add a member to your Ignored and Muted lists. Start typing their name and they should pop up, choose Forever as a duration and you’ll never have to see them again

2 Likes