1x (5) Naga Sand Witch

2x (6) Blizzard

2x (7) Flamestrike

1x (7) Wrapped Golem

1x (8) Tortollan Pilgrim

1x (9) Alexstrasza

1x (10) Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron

2x (10) Pyroblast

AAECAf0EDsUE5gSNCPvsApX/AuyJA/+dA7+hA8KhA4ukA7+kA7mlA9alA4ipAwi7AskDqwThBJYF7Ae/CLulAwA=

To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Trash. Are you wanting anything else or just opinions on it?

1 Like

Hey, you don’t need to be rude

5 Likes

I’m not sure what the deck is really trying to do or how limited a collection this is pulling from.

If the collection is pretty limited I’d take a serious look at some of the “new” cards like Flamewaker, Rags, Emperor Thaurissian.

Likewise running 2x Faerie dragon and only 1 Sorcerer’s Apprentice has to be a mistake.

If the collection affords more options, the cyclone mage package + 2x twilight drakes & possibly mountain giants? instead of some of the heavier cards (2x pyro, alex, naga, golem, scorchers, cosmic anomaly)

1 Like

Like koz, I really don’t know what this deck is trying to do.

With the exception of Highlander, it seems like this deck is trying to throw together pieces from every different archetype available. You’ve got some burn Mage stuff, some big spell/sandwich stuff, and some random generation stuff. Plus there are a few dragons, but none of the dragon synergy stuff.

Basically, I think you need to decide what you want to do with the deck, and then rebuild it around that one idea. (Or build 2 or 3 separate decks if you have the cards available to you.)

1 Like

He asked what we think.

Theman summed it up. The deck is quite awful, not gonna lie.

when you try too many things in one deck, you achieve nothing.

1 Like

Any deck based on the mage quest is doomed to 35-40% winrate because the mage quest reward is bad. Random spells are bad. IF it was discover a mage spell it would be something but yah its trash card and its not going to work to ladder. Fun sure but ladder no.

Suggested change is you have to go either full control or highlander in mage with the quest. I suggest highlander so you can use the cards that go with that.

Highlander Quest Mage

Class: Mage

Format: Standard

Year of the Raven

1x (0) Elemental Evocation

1x (1) Arcane Missiles

1x (1) Magic Trick

1x (1) Mirror Image

1x (1) Raid the Sky Temple

1x (1) Ray of Frost

1x (1) Shooting Star

1x (1) Tome of Intellect

1x (2) Ancient Mysteries

1x (2) Arcane Explosion

1x (2) Arcane Flakmage

1x (2) Frostbolt

1x (2) Mana Cyclone

1x (2) Questing Explorer

1x (2) Sorcerer’s Apprentice

1x (2) Zephrys the Great

1x (3) Arcane Intellect

1x (3) Banana Buffoon

1x (3) Counterspell

1x (3) Dune Sculptor

1x (3) Flame Ward

1x (3) Flamewaker

1x (3) Ice Barrier

1x (3) Messenger Raven

1x (3) Spellbender

1x (4) Arcane Keysmith

1x (5) Zilliax

1x (6) Reno the Relicologist

1x (7) Archmage Antonidas

1x (7) Exotic Mountseller

AAECAaXDAx5x7gK/A6sEtATmBO0ElgW4CLwIvuwCuf8CoIADyIcD0okD55UDppgDn5sD4psD/50D4p8D/KMDkqQDvqQDv6QDuaUDu6UDiKkD9KsD19IDAAA=

Kibler Quest Mage

Class: Mage

Format: Standard

Year of the Raven

1x (0) Elemental Evocation

2x (1) Magic Trick

2x (1) Mirror Image

1x (1) Raid the Sky Temple

2x (1) Ray of Frost

2x (2) Ancient Mysteries

2x (2) Arcane Flakmage

2x (2) Frostbolt

2x (2) Mana Cyclone

2x (2) Questing Explorer

2x (2) Sorcerer’s Apprentice

2x (3) Arcane Intellect

1x (3) Counterspell

1x (3) Dune Sculptor

2x (3) Flame Ward

1x (3) Ice Barrier

1x (5) Zilliax

1x (7) Archmage Antonidas

1x (7) Exotic Mountseller

AAECAaXDAwhx7QS4CKCAA8iHA+KfA7mlA4ipAwurBOYElgW8CJ+bA+KbA/+dA76kA7+kA7ulA/SrAwA=

I wud go with kibler version.

1 Like

I’ve been buying lots of expansions, so trash deck due to inexperience of making decks it’s bewildering playing not even talking about making a deck…

See 4. Deck Building
Good knowledge on some deck building fundamentals can help in deck discussion

I downvote you for this. :-1:

Fact:
The moment you complete the quest, you make your opponent disconnect.
He’ll probably be able to reconnect though.

Building a deck is indeed quite difficult, very easy to get lost in all the possibilities, but well worth pursuing as playing your own unique creation adds a whole new level to Hs.

When I’m inspired to build a deck it’s usually around some extremely powerful interaction that I don’t think enough people are exploiting, it has to be something that’s at least as powerful as the current meta decks can pull off, so a decent knowledge of the current meta is a good place to start.

Once you’ve decided what your deck is “about” start adding in more things to add to the synergy, Kiblers Quest Mage deck is a great example of this . His deck is “about” spells essentially with plenty of cards that benefit from casting spells (Arcane Flakmage,Mana Cyclone,Dune sculptor, Big Tony and Exotic Mountseller) some draw and spell creation to keep his hand reasonably full and enable finding answers to dangerous board states, and the quest for long term value.

Now knowing which are the best cards to pick amongst all your collection is the difficult bit! There are other cards that could fitted into the deck, the inclusion of Exotic Mountseller over Vex Crow is an interesting choice, Vex Crow would appear to be the obvious choice, cheaper, a Mage class card , but Kibler chose EM because the AoEs and removal in the meta at the time made removing Vex Crow’s spawned minions easy whereas the 3 drops spawned by Mountseller were more tanky and therefore much stickier.

The truth is constructing a viable deck can take many games of trial and error, make your initial choices, play some games, analyse your losses in particular, do you need more draw/removal/curve minions etc., adjust your list , try again! Rinse Repeat, possibly many times.

To make it even more tricky , there’s no guarantee that your idea will ever make a “good” deck (Tier 1-2), but even playing a tier 3 creation of your own can yield good results as you will have a great understanding of your own deck and your opponent will not know how to play vs you (In fact may mis-play assuming you are a standard meta deck)

1 Like

The deck tries to do too many things at once, which rarely works imo.

1 Like