Vashj Prime doesn't respect the deck order

Hello !

“Vashj Prime” doesn’t draw spells in the order of the deck. It is not specified in her description that she draws spells randomly.

To test the bug, first play “Lorekeeper Polkelt”, then “Prima Vashj” on a deck with spell of several mana costs. You will see that you won’t actually draw the most expensive ones.

The card should be modified to say “Draw 3 random spells” or corrected to work as intended.

Thanks !

the spells arent random beacuse they are cards in your deck. nowhere in her card text does it however specify that she draws them in any order

Also, was there any card played which shuffled a card in your deck, such as bombs, or Bad Luck Albatros, etc.? Those cards cause the deck to be reshuffled (as the description indicates), so in that case there is no more guaranteed order in your deck.

I’m not sure you understood the problem here.

the spells arent random beacuse they are cards in your deck. nowhere in her card text does it however specify that she draws them in any order

Spells are supposed to be ordered by mana cost after Lorekeeper Polkelt is played. As you said “beacuse they are cards in your deck”. However, when drawn by Vashj Prime, they are not drawn according to the order by mana cost.

Also, was there any card played which shuffled a card in your deck, such as bombs, or Bad Luck Albatros, etc.?

None. I actually have a game recorded by HSReplay, but I didn’t manage to add a link in the post.

1 Like

you are making up an issue that doesnt exist. all Vashj prime says is “draw 3 spells from your deck. reduce…” it doesnt say anything about drawing them in a specific order or drawing them as they are ordered in the deck…

you are making up an issue that doesnt exist. all Vashj prime says is “draw 3 spells from your deck. reduce…” it doesnt say anything about drawing them in a specific order or drawing them as they are ordered in the deck…

You are ignoring a real issue because you don’t understand how Lorekeeper Polkelt works. Any other draw card will draw you the card in the decreasing order of their mana cost. If a drawing card doesn’t have this effect, either the text is wrong or the card is bugged.

1 Like

yes because cards that just draws a card draws from top of the deck, cards that specify a specific card dont.

yes because cards that just draws a card draws from top of the deck, cards that specify a specific card dont.

I went back in game to test what you said and indeed, the same happens with “Scavenger’s Ingenuity”. It is supposed to “draw a beast” and it doesn’t draw it at the top of the deck.

However, how I said in the first post : the card should say “Draw a random beast from your deck”. Not “Draw a beast” with the exact same text that “Draw a card” which actually draws you the card at the top of you deck.

It might have not been an issue before this extension, but it is now with Lorekeeper Polkelt who instaures order in you deck. All those cards drawing randomly from your deck should now have “random” in their text. Otherwise, this is just misleading.

1 Like

So it comes down to whether the developers intended a “draw a spell” card to mean “draw the first spell from the top of the deck” or “draw a random spell”. I personally favor your interpretation (first from the top), but either could be true.

In order to get as much data as possible for the QA team, if you want to post your HSReplay games, follow these instructions:
https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/hearthstone/t/how-to-share-links-to-screenshots-videos-and-replays/2242

1 Like