Unexpected Card Back Notification

This afternoon, some players received a notification that they received a Card Back that they already had.

That notification was from us sending players the Winter Veil Treat Card Back if they met the conditions mentioned in the Winter Veil blog, but didn’t receive the Card Back at the time.

After we sent the Card Back, we discovered that there is a bug in our Card Back notification code where instead of showing the Card Back that was granted, the notification showed the player’s favorited Card Back. We’ll be looking into that and fixing that bug in a later update.

Another issue we noticed during this process is that instead of sending the Winter Veil Treat Card Back, we accidentally granted the Winter Veil Wreath Card Back (a Card Back tied to an earlier year’s Winter Veil event).

We won’t be taking anything away to correct this. Instead, we just did another grant to add the Winter Veil Treat Card Back to the accounts of anybody who meets the criteria above.

To avoid further confusion, we did not send a second login notification using the bugged Card Back notification when we did the second grant. Both grants have already been completed for all affected players in all regions, so this issue should be resolved at this time.

5 Likes

Two failed mass notification events in less than one week. What on earth are you guys doing?

14 Likes

You guys are making it REALLY hard to give you any benefit of the doubt that these are one-off mistakes. Whatever QC/QA you are doing, it isn’t enough.

8 Likes

Tell you what, how about you just gift some dust to the players who didn’t meet the criteria and within a short day cycle you can retract it.

Problem solved.

Microsoft had better orient some sweeping changes to this company.

5 Likes

I hope microsft fires you guys, only know how to make mistakes

1 Like

The lack of professionalism is shocking at the very least, deliberate at the very most.
Fix your stuff soon or you will have a mass exodus from your game, myself included.

5 Likes

Lolz, still very upset!!!

1 Like

People are so ungrateful. Mistakes happen. Sheesh. Thanks for everything you do!

1 Like

This isn’t the first mistake of its kind this month.
This isn’t even the first mistake of its kind this week.

5 Likes

Grateful for what? For this sht show?

Omigod!!! How nice of you, I am proud that you guys didn’t try to fix this “bug”. Wow!! A useless card back! Any comment how are you going to resolve ~16k used free dust?

3 Likes

it means we take away dust, but not card back)) double standards :clap::clap:

3 Likes

Cause expecting people losing their job over such trivial things is totally reasonable right…

I’m pleasenly surprised they chose not to just take away all cardbacks this time around xD

1 Like

Dude, you can be angry but this job is their livelihood and to top it off they are overworked and underpaid.

Limit your self to criticising their poor performance, don’t curse them.

3 Likes

To be honest, I didn’t care much for the cardback, but I know some people do, so for them I hope they’re happy, but as long your not taking away cardbacks, I see no harm in a minor bug popup I was confuse, but this explains it better. Thanks GnomeSayin for being upfront and letting people who didn’t get the earlier cardback, get it if they were new or something.

I’m 1 the few people who doesn’t put much thought in cardbacks, so I didn’t remember the winter veil treat cardback at all, or it hasn’t been sent. lol.

Crying about getting a free cardback or confusing notification?

Good job team! Now sell us some skins.

1 Like

dustgate they stole my dust

I don’t get why blizzard is suddenly doing all these mass scripted changes, be it for dust, removing cards, adding card backs, or whatever other thing that happens next when they make up a new script.

In my opinion these problems should have been resolved in different ways that are less likely to cause problems than when sent out via a mass update.

Ok so the root cause of the dust fiasco was caused by people getting extra copies of uncraftable cards right? Why not just make those cards craftable and offer a full dust refund on them like they do for nerfs? As for this recent cardback thing, why not make it a redeemable thing in the achievements or shop instead of sticking your hands into our collections?

My main issue from this whole thing (aside from losing my personal dust from the previous script fix, which is STILL missing btw) is the idea of blizzard blinding interacting with all the accounts collections to remove or add stuff . I think this sort of one sided interaction with accounts should only be done on a case by case basis to fix bugs via support tickets, or as a one way “gift” that they won’t take out of your collection (like getting a legendary card on a new expansion sort of deal).

Taking dust/cards is an unprecedented action in hearthstone from what I can remember, and though it’s somewhat low stakes now with cardbacks or dust, what happens later ? what if there’s a problem with the reward track so they rollback your xp progression?

Overall this has soured my experience with hearthstone, never in my life have I had such an awful interaction with a company.

3 Likes