Toxic Reinforcements + Holy Nova =Bug?

Hello,
I have been playing Hunter lately in Standard and using Toxic Reinforcements. I have noticed over the last several games I have played against priest when Holy Nova was used against all three Leper Gnomes that the Priest only took 2 damage. Seems to me like it should be 4, am I mistaken here? 3 Leper Gnomes = 6 damage, -2 damage for the Holy Nova heal, = 4, right? I assume Im missing something and I will be pounced on with many L2P responses. But I just cant see how this is correct, so pounce away, maybe I deserve it.

If three Leper Gnomes are on the board, then Holy Nova should damage the Priest for 6 and heal them for 2; the net damage should be 4. If one or more Leper Gnomes already died earlier, then of course the equation changes.

Do you have any screenshots of the incorrect interaction? Or a link to a game on hsreplay?

what minions were on the field? whats buffs? any silence etc played before?

Hero power -2 damage. Total = 2. Right.

That was my first thought too. But he explicitly said “the priest only took 2 damage”, which strongly implies that he’s talking about only the outcome of Holy Nova, and not healing received from other effects.

Did the Priest have Prophet Velen in play?

Thanks for the replies guys, to clarify:

I didnt think to take any screenshots, to be honest I had a run where I encountered several priests in a row and by the 3rd time this happened, I needed to step away. As for addons, I do run HS Decktracker, not sure if there will be any relevant info in there but I will look and post if so.

Not sure on the first time, I was thinking it perhaps was a fluke or I missed something, so I just let it go. But the last two games this happened, the priest had no minions, and just played H Nova. The last one specifically they cast Renew, nothing else, then played the Nova. I was not counting the healing from the Renew played before, or any hero powers cast after. I only mention Renew incase it had some odd interaction.

This is correct, I was only talking about the outcome of holy nova and nothing before or after.

No, no minions on the priests board the last two times this happened.

It dosen’t seem like a lot, to lose two damage, but more and more im finding, especially when up against priest that two damage is literally the difference between winning and losing. They can do so much healing in a turn that if they get low and you dont have lethal, you lose. Im going to dig through my Decktracker and see if I have any more info.

In HS decktracker, go to menu option hsreplay.net / latest replays to see the last 10 or so games recorded. If the one you want is longer ago, use hsreplay.net / my replays instead.
Then see How to share links to screenshots, videos, and replays for how to share the link.

1 Like