Token Druid or Embiggen?

I’m an old player coming back to Hearthstone, and I have a cheap version of Token Druid running just to get to rank 10, but it’s been hard. The intention was to save dust to eventually buid an Embiggen Druid. I was already kind of fearful of doing this because it would cost me 700 gold (for the first wing of the adventure in order to get Winged Guardian), but now the full version of Token Druid is apparently doing better than Embiggen Druid. I really don’t want to toss 7 packs out of the window to build a questionable deck, but I’m tired of playing Token Druid already. Thoughts?

Embiggen Druid is pretty disgusting right now and probably the better Rogue counter. Definitely better in the Face hunter matchup but with Highlander hunter I’d imagine token has the better winrate. The only annoying thing about Embiggen druid in my opinion is all the damn mirror matches.

Embiggen is more popular, which is a downside - the meta is targeted against it. I’d go token if you’re looking purely for meta sucess w/ druid. But embiggen is still viable and fun (and I agree, token can get really boring sometimes.)

I’d personally go Token Druid for a couple of reasons:

1. I think the entire deck concept is much harder to target by the meta in general than Embiggen Druid is. In addition since TOken Druid is less popular you’ll get decks incorrectly mulliganing against you

2. Embiggen Druid loses real pieces in a couple of months while Token Druid I think only loses the 8/8 rusher which, while good, TOken Druid was doing well before it was generating enough Treants in the past two expansions to justify running it. As such, I think it loses less great pieces than Embiggen Druid will.

3. I’d personally be more afraid of the nerf bat hitting Embiggen Druid than TOken Druid if either ever gets hit.

2 Likes

your call. they apparently are similar in power, and they both drop off at higher ranks. token druid does look fun, though.

2 Likes

Thanks for the input guys, in the end I decided to go with Embiggen. It might not be as powerful as Token seems to be, but as long as it’s viable I’m happy. Honestly, I was kind of tired of playing Token anyway, but I wouldn’t have crafted Embiggen if it was more of a low tier 3 kind of deck.

Token Druid performs a tiny bit better than Embiggen Druid. But just a tiny bit so you shouldn’t see much of a change in your performance unless your play style instincts favor one or the other.

The key to help you is your pocket meta. If you see Rogue, play Embiggen; if you see Hunter, play Token.

But beware of Quest Hunter, it crushes all Druids. If you do face Quest Hunter remember this. Face SMORC will get you killed because of the the overwhelming number of rush minions.