Three classes need only apply

Only if it’s accompanied by real power. If the meta was 99% Murloc Warrior right now, I’d expect the playerbase to do something about it, not Blizzard.

Wrecking the fun of people playing a deck that isn’t actually overpowered in a manner that enables it to warp the meta around it just so others don’t have to deal with it is a stupid move. If something creates truly uninteractive and horribly unfun (from as close to an objective standpoint as possible) gameplay then I can see a case for it, but not just because a bunch of people are playing a good-but-not-overpowered deck.

2 Likes

I understand the exaggeration to prove a point, but its too extreme. If 99% of players were playing Murloc Warrior then it would be statistically fine, using your criteria, as it would be VERY close to 50% win rate due to mirror matches happening almost all the time. Yet if 99% of players are using it, they are doing so for a good reason, and its not due to it being an average deck.

Yet, statistically fair decks, are nerfed if they become too prominent and/or warp the meta around them. Its not as black and white as you are suggesting. Fun is subjective so should not even be a consideration in the equation. It cant be objectively unfun, as fun is self-defined. My wild “Big”, and i use that term loosely, Priest is the perfect example of it. I doubt many people would find it fun to play as or against, yet I find it fun to play.

I would say that the community is prejudiced against Flark and Halazzi because they didn’t fit into any decks during their expansion release.

Flark was a great performer in the RoS Mech Hunter deck, yet he was not ran in the most popular list. But Shuma is a perfectly suitable replacement that’s both neutral and not rotating in April.

Halazzi is probably a harder sell because of rotation.

In any case I opened both and the Quest. So savvy me for not dusting those poorly rated Legendary cards and profiting now.

I dusted halazzi (and shu’ma), but found that a dire frenzy perfoms as well and is cheaper

Dire Frenzy? You do you, but that’s never been a great performing package for Quest Hunter.

To add, if you are doing OK with Dire Frenzy, you would be in Top 10 Legend without it.

nice exageration, but the reasoning is quite simple:

halazzi fills your hand with 1/1 lynxes, since i’m not gonna waste dust on it, playing dire frenzy (just a single one, no more needed) on top of a springpaw generates as much value as the loa, which I can then pull from a gryphon or from a tracking, and it has enough stats to remove many things on spot

plus it can also be used on top of a gryphon and chain draw them, or in case I were to tech a scalehides against face hunters, it becomes extra healing -is quite flexible and not at all underwhelming if you know how to pull it off

How are you drawing those cards?

Countess Ashmore?

The question becomes whether or not those decks are actually warping the meta around them, or people simply haven’t adjusted. We’ve seen metas undergo a degree of stagnation, then flip on end because counters to things finally started popping up and began churning up the tier lists once more.

If something like that is a possibility, intervention isn’t really warranted.

2 Likes