The New Tavern Pass will be $19.99

Also, XP will be awarded through various means, from time, to bonuses for winning, with the majority earned through quests unless you play a lot each day.

Something noteworthy about the blog post, Adventures will also reward XP. This means anyone who still enjoys doing current or old adventures to try and get challenges or heroic stuff done will actually be earning resource progress while doing so.

7 Likes

I guess I will find out tomorrow how the path will work. I hope it wonā€™t be disappointing :crossed_fingers: expecially the EXP earned during a normal match

Ayala said itā€™s about 400 per hour from straight time, with a cap of about 30 minutes per match. So, probably around 80-120 per match with as-yet unknown bonuses for winning.

I really wanna dig into the hard numbers for things like level requirements and bonus XP.

3 Likes

You canā€™t earn 10 gold per winning 3 games anymore with this system, can you?

AFAIK no, winning just contributes to next level. But after you finish all specific levels, then every level above gives you additional gold. So I guess now your gold-grinding comes after all other rewards, instead of daily.

Lmao I wonder how much xp youā€™d need to ā€œgrindā€ at that point to get that 150 gold per level after lvl 50.

They still havenā€™t revealed that crucial information for f2p players.

2 Likes

Yupā€¦ thatā€™s the crucial detail we are missing so far to evaluate anything. It might be great, it might be awful, it might be just whatever.

1 Like

If it is 1200, it will be sweet.
If it will be 10Kā€¦ no god please no, no. Nooooooooooooo

Oh this is best news Yay! Adventures count for quests now. That was a main reason I been absent 2 years <3

1 Like

20 bucks seems over priced just for access to additional cosmetics and XP while a free progression track exists that those at Blizz are hyping will be BETTER for you than things are now. Then why drop the 20 bucks? Also dropping the expac a month sooner than normalā€¦Is that to ensure the F2Pers will have an extra month to get to lvl 50 where level rewards are 150 gold from then on? Or is it just to have another month to gather data to scale up or down the Pass in the future?
I dunnoā€¦feels like a bait and switch but Iā€™m hoping this Tavern Pass will improve the game not diminish it

1 Like

Fingers crossed Battlegrounds gives experience! :smiley:

Donā€™t underestimate the power of FOMO!

It doesnā€™t work on me but I canā€™t imagine the absolute pain of a completionist type player watching a timed-cosmetic getting ever-closer to leavingā€¦FOREVER!!! :open_mouth:

a timed-cosmetic getting ever-closer to leavingā€¦FOREVER!!!

LOLOL yeah until enough people complain 3 years from now that it isnā€™t fair that they donā€™t have access to a skin or whatever because they werenā€™t playing at the time and demand Blizz re-release it in the shop or ya know theyā€™ll be really, really mad and Blizz will cave in to the madness ((as they have been showing recently)) and that EXCLUSIVE! skin you thought ya had will become common like everything else in the game.
But youā€™re right, Blizz will make a ton off FOMO

2 Likes

20 bucks for a Tavern Pass seems like a waste of money to me since all it gives you is cosmetics. I guess to some people those sorts of things matter, but you could give me a paper bag for a Hero Portrait, cut out all the emotes, and make all my card backs into black and white ā€œgenericā€ and it wouldnā€™t effect me in the slightest.

5 Likes

It will. Their whole goal is for you to get experience in any mode outside of friend battles.

1 Like

wardum whyyyyyyyyyyy did you show me this.

i was resigned to NOT paying 20 freaking bucks for a ā€˜tavern pass,ā€™ no way team 5 sorry the buck stops here.

buuuuuuuuuut then of course mr. WARDRUM has to link to the notes and i go and see the actual skins and the warrior skin and the card back and what it does and now iā€™m buying it.

:laughing: :laughing:

AKA: ME :crazy_face: :crazy_face:

Yep. ā€¦20 charsā€¦

I think Iā€™ve seen people say that and Iā€™m like ā€œSeriously?!ā€

Iā€™m guessing so but weā€™ll soon see in the next few days! :slight_smile:

Great news then! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Has anyone worked out exactly how much the pass is worth upon completing? I know MTGA has one similar amazingly enough this looks like a lazy copy. Shame blizzard shame. Which is worth Ā£120, Ā£100 more than the pass it self it would be very interesting to know how much blizzard values their community having just making such drastic changes.

$20 for a BattlePass is so ridiculous and not worth it, every other game is always $10 or less.

3 Likes