The Battlepass problem

I want to ask a different question.

Why did people ask for a battlepass in the first place?

I argued months before the survey was released that a battlepass system would shift current gold resources into less flexible packs. It wasn’t Blizzard who came up with this, I particularly remember people clamoring how amazing it was to have a battlepass in MTGA and LOR; and how Blizzard needed to get with the program.

Was it that you imagined Blizzard was going to give you the 16 packs, Legendary, Epic, and TP on top of the current gold?

Was it a complete lie just to bash Blizzard?

1 Like

Can you show me anyone requesting a less rewarding system?

2 Likes

I don’t remember anyone on here asking for a battlepass. I see lots of folks ask for subscription models that provide all the cards, but that’s about it.

I see nothing wrong with wanting a battle pass that actually falls in line with what Blizzard told us we’d get.

3 Likes

Bob,

Also Reckeris,

But I am having a hard time linking his thread for some reason. I necrobumped it (it’s in the community section). Read reply #18 by myself; it’s like I am Nostradamus or something.

There are more, but some of the LOR threads, dating back months earlier, were deleted by the mods so I can’t show you how I passionately argued against a BP.

Congratulations, I guess?

BTW, I think I understand your position.

You are basically saying that you didn’t want this, so your expectation is the same gold. Even if it’s 10 gold less, they’re wrong.

And here’s me arguing the issue of the rewards structure of LOR in June.

Personally never asked for this, since all of those mysterious “surveys” I have a feeling that they never sent them to f2p players.

having the first 10-15 levels to level quick because the game crapped on all of your years by achievements ignoring the progress on wins and past loses is bad but that’s another thread.

My personal problem is that the expansion launch got ruined by this garbage they implemented, quests are now worse for me in general. At least shadowlands is in 4 days and that will keep me busy for the next 2 years 1 year minimum to forget that this even exist, still will voice myself because I think the system is pretty trash.

My position is that I’d have been totally down for a battle pass if they had delivered on what they said. Personally, I’m not overly affected by it as long as I can still maintain the same level of collection-obtaining power. As it is, it seems that power is relatively similar, if no longer near as simple.

My beef with the situation is that regardless of its impact on me (or lack thereof) it isn’t what was promised, and the marks it misses are specifically the ones the community brought up only to be assured by multiple Team members would not he the case.

Beyond that, I kinda like it. It still needs adjusting though, and not just through bonus events.

1 Like