Suggestions for a deck

Hey so i’m just getting back into Hearthstone after a 2 year break and would like some advice with deck buildilng. I have a decent amount of card buildup from my previous time playing that i’m thinking of disenchanting into essence to create a new deck for the current meta and season. However I see that there are now rotations regarding what sets will be used and I wasn’t sure quite how that works. At the start of the new year will all three card sets from this past year be sent to wild? Or will the oldest of the 3 be pushed out once the new one is released sometime next year? If that’s the case then it brings me to what my question ultimatley is;
What would be a good deck to invest in that uses cards primarily from the two most current sets so that I could use the deck for the longest amount of time and not have to worry about some of the cards becoming obsolete when the 3rd set goes to wild next year? I’d have to spend some time playing this deck id guess in order to start building up dust and resources that are currently standard.
Any advice is welcome, thanks! Let me know if something doesn’t make sense either and i’ll try to explain better

Pirate warrior seems safe. Mostly new and classic cards. Town criers are rotating epics; but you could skip them for now.

Edit: Most popular list below; possible replacements: Maybe Sn1p-Sn4p (if you have it, and a 2nd Faveless Corruptor)

1 Like

Hey man. Welcome back to the game and I’ll try to run everything down for you to help you understand.

You missed 6 expansions in 2 years and a rotation. When new expansions are added to the meta, their new cards have an around 2 year shelf-life. In April of 2020, the set of Witchwood, Boomsday, and Rastakhan’s Rumble will be moving to Wild. These sets all came out in 2018 in April, August, and December respectively. In 2021, Rise of Shadows, Saviors of Uldum, and Descent of Dragons will rotate.

When a rotation happens the entire set is put into Wild, and its adventure will require gold to be bought. It’s worth noting Adventures have largely changed into Dungeon runs, which are largely different than old adventures. However there will be 35 new cards from Galakrond’s Awakening, and that may not be a Dungeon Run.

Also worth telling you about the Hall of Fame. (You may know about this, but I’m making sure i’m getting over anything.) The HoF is a place where cards that seem too polorizing go. Generally, this was given only to classic cards that were too much on a mainstay, the first cards rotating being Ragnaros, Sylvanus, Coldlight Oracle, Conceal, etc. When cards are Hall of Famed it brings them out o standard and become usable in Wild only. However there was an exception in the Witchwood with cards too powerful, so Genn and Baku were put in as well. The cards rotate into the Hof, which is very rare (Once in rotation, in April, most likely) you get full, automatic dust value for the card and get to keep the card in your collection.

As for right now for you in the meta, many cards are safe to craft. However some of the most powerful cards in the meta, such as Zilliax and Snip-Snap aren’t very good crafts since in only 4 months or less they rotate out (When April’s expansion rolls around.) However while you build a collection of cards from Descent of Dragons, SoU, and RoS, decks such as Pirate Warrior and Galakrond Hand Warlock are some of the best decks right now, come fairly cheap, and top charts. Use HSRepay for deck codes, information on them, etc. Feel free to ask any questions you may have.

Good luck!

2 Likes

Thank you! This was very helpful!!

No problem! ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀