Spirit of the Tiger Minions Always 1/1

I was running a Heroic Dalaran Heist in The Sewers as Paladin. I had a Spirit of the Tiger on the board and played multiple spells (4-mana Orb of the Untold being one of them) but all of the Tigers that were generated with only 1 attack and 1 health. I have a screenshot if needed.

May I have a look at the screenshot?

See below for how to share the screenshot:

Also, were there any effects in play that reduce the cost of spells? Or any effects that affect the stats of minions? Did you hover your mouse over the summoned tigers to check their mana cost, and the enchantments affecting them?

My first guess would be the attack/health swap. There have been issues before that indicate tigers are summoned as 1/1s, then adjusted by the Spirit to the correct numbers. Likely sequence: Spirit summons a 1/1 Tiger. Summoning a minion triggers an aura update. Underbelly aura applies to the Tiger, swapping its 1/1 stats by creating an enchantment which sets them to the opposite values (still 1/1). With the aura update complete, Spirit finishes its job. Spirit applies the modification to the Tiger, changing base stats to 5/5 or whatever. However, since the effect modifies the card’s base stats rather than applying an enchantment on top, these stats are overwritten by the enchantment created earlier that sets them to 1/1.

I’d expect more reports of this if Spirit of the Tiger didn’t usually die immediately when played in the Sewers. Presumably it had its health buffed up from 0 in this case.

Thanks for the report! I was able to reproduce this myself, but so far only while in The Underbelly (Chapter IV) as Jetz suspected. I’ve sent the issue up to be investigated further.

2 Likes

Here is an image of the bug. I’m glad to see others were able to reproduce the issue. https://imgur.com/o2y6eI3