Shudderwock forever over 10 min

Well in wild, Shudderwock is creating infinite armor and going past 10 min per turn. If this is really something u wanted to create then it’s not a bug, but why do this?

As far as I’m aware, Shudderwock is limited to replaying 30 Battlecries.

Even if it gets the full 30, it shouldn’t take anywhere near ten minutes – that’s 20 seconds per battlecry!

He was able to keep getting armor returning his Shudderwock, and then after 10 min and my turn doing it again. I played till he had over 1000 armor then quit. He ran out of cards but had enough armor to play for another hour if he wanted.

There’s a hard limit of 89 turns. 45 turn for the first player, 44 for the second.
Once the first player ends their turn on Turn 45, the game will end in a tie.

In Wild, there is still a combo that allows a player to play Shudderwock and then get 1-mana copies of Shudderwock in hand. It requires a lot of setup (play the right battlecry cards while surviving) and then you need some luck when you play the first Shudderwock (the order of repeated battlecries is random and some orders make the combo fail). But if it succeeds, the typically end the turn with multiple 1-mana Shudderwock copies in hand.

The next turn they then quickly drag all of them, which queues all those plays up. And any new Shudderwock copy that enters their hand before the turn time is over they drag over to the field too. It’s easy to get to play five or six copies that way.
As a win condition, these combos either include a direct damage battlecry (Lifedrinker is popular), or armor generation. The first means they simply win the game on their second Shudderwock turn. The second means they get so much armor that you can never win anymore.
None of these decks are particularly good or strong. Players that try them typically do so for meme value. If you ever see it again, my suggestion is to just concede after the first Shudderwock turn (unless you saw that the order failed), unless you can kill them that turn. After the second Shudderwock turn you never win those matches anymore.

Now you got me intrigued - what would be the maximum duration one can set up for playing a single Shudderwock?

It would be in wild. I’d use either Emperor Thaurissan or Fire Plume Harbinger to get some mana discount, so that I can play Murmuring Elemental + Shudderwock on the same turn. That would make Shudderwock repeat 30 battlecries twice.
I would obviously also include Yogg-Saron, and load him with as many spells as possible. Would it be possible to get both the maximum 30 spells and the maximum 30 battlecries with a single deck? Probably not, at least not without lots of RNG.
Are there any other battlecries that I should include, to make sure that Shudderwock will need a really long time to repeat them all?

Not many players know that you can “click away” preview cards to speed up their animation time. If a player doesn’t do this, Shudderwock turns could conceivably take a while.

1 Like

If you actually wanted to try it in a controlled setting, loading him up with 30 copies of Tess or Lynessa would be a safer bet. Yogg would just take one Cataclysm to put an end to the shenanigans. Tess could be given some particularly slow spells like Lightning Storm. If you involve triggered effects, you could probably extend it more with spells or Battlecries that could repeatedly spawn them. Firing missiles at Acolytes of Pain is one of the most agonizingly long interactions to encounter, but it’d take some careful planning, and there may be worse ones out there.

Though as a thought experiment with perfect RNG, Yogg could do better. He could alternate between several Deck of Wonder and Myra’s Unstable Element to draw 60 more spells. Those in turn could do the same, creating an infinite loop until the game crashes. The clients would just see the game end instantly though, so it’d need to stop just shy of any limits and pass the time with whichever spells are slower.

I politely disagree. I played someone on July 18 who played ONE shudderwock card that resulted in 257 card plays, and his health went from 2 to full health with 384 armor.
My son watched and counted and I have a screen shot

Then please share the screenshot. Put it on a sharing website (imgur.com is a popular choice) and paste the link here, surrounding it with the single backwards quote character `like this`. Note that you can use the “preformatted text” </> button to do so.

I put it on flickr and tried to post it and received a message stating that links are not allowed

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/hearthstone/t/how-to-share-links-to-screenshots-videos-and-replays/2242/7

Did you read the part where he said to enclose the link in backwards quotes?

Yes, tried that, tried putting the name of my website where you can find the actual image, tried stating that I have been here since the dawn of hearthstone and always put comments, likes and replies, and hearthstone removed all that so here goes again !! Guess I really am not trsuted for some unknown reason. But I am trusted enuff for them to take my money ! hahahaha

I am not sure what is so hard in doing as I said. Here it is, step by step.

1. Copy the link to your website
  2. click the `Preformatted text` button (</>)
  3. the words “preformatted text” will already be highlighted. All you need to do is paste the link. Like so: https://imgur.com/WJLP47T

As for thrust levels, you can find out more here:

It does not matter how long you have been playing, since the forums were brand new back in February, so everyone started at level 0 then, at the same time.

Hey, I have been very active myself, reading most of the Bug Report posts, responding to many, and I still can’t post links myself. I just learned how to go around it.

Edit: clarity and typos

10k armor and shudder still going on opponents turn takes 37 mins, recorded it all. At the end of the game he has 200k armor and the numbers on his armor change to “???” Stalemated with my priest deck.

you can “click away” preview cards to speed up their animation time

I learned something new today.