Rattlegore + Pack Tactics

Hello dear developers,

I’d like to report an issue regarding Rattlegore and Pack Tactics. My opponent just had both these cards up, and as expected it summoned a 3/3 Rattlegore.

However, as soon as I killed the 3/3 Rattlegore, it summoned an 8/8 instead of a 2/2. This felt a bit counterintuitive to me.

I should have known maybe not to attack the rattlegore in the first place.
I have screenshots, but this post won’t allow me to post links :frowning:

Kind Regards and happy holidays,
Shekel

There is a sticky on how to post links.

However, no link is needed here, as this has been discussed on the forums many times.

Actually the text on Rattlegore is a simplified version on what he actually is.
There are actually 9 versions of rattlegore with the stats from 9 to 1.
Every version summons the next one. Changing the stats via buffs or debuffs won’t have an impact here.

1 Like

In this case I think it;s actually more due to a simplification of the text on Pack Tactics.
What it actually does is: summon a copy of it, then change it’s stats to 3/3.

So your opponent got a 9/9 that was enchanted to 3/3. But because the base is still 9/9, the resummon will be 8/8. That’s how Rattlegore works: always 1/1 less than the previous base, regardless of stats modifying enchantments, damage, buffs, or other enchantments.
(And Nirot is correct in his explanation that this is actually implemented by simply having 9 version of Rattlegore in the game, each one summoning the next; but you can only see that by examining internal game data).