Question about buying packs, collection, need advice with money

Hello all. As the title says, i need some advice with buying packs. I can afford to spend no more than 80$ per month.

So i am planning on buying classic set on march the 1st and every other expansion until september (and buy the new expansion in august too)

Should i go with the 40 packs for 49.99$ or the 60 packs for 69.99$ ?

I am looking mostly for commons and rares for now, so i am in no rush to bulk buy for rares or legendaries. I just don’t know if 40 packs is enough to get all the commons and rares. The worst thing i can do is use dust on a common because it is elusive. and i want to complete the collection.

I plan to pretty much buy packs almost every month, but not a lot of packs. I also will slowly craft legendaries but will get dust from quests, gold, and packs.

I know this will be a painful and $$$ expansive journey. I just don’t want to spend more than 80$ per month. Are 40 packs decent for collecting ? or should i go with the 60?

eventually once i collect every set i will just buy cards for dust. I might even buy wild packs too. Wild seems fun for collecting.

Any advice on how i should start my collection would be helpful.

PS : i might even buy the 15 packs twice a month from multiple card sets. And also wild.

See section 5. maybe outdated. feel free to ask further question.

p.s. Highly advise to discard intention to own the whole collection. Concentrate on gold/dust optimization and own only what you need/wish.

1 Like

Wow your reddit guide was amazing. I learned so much. Thanka dude. That is an awesome guide.

I will better manage my collection and play smarter. Thanks.

Credit to original author. I just compiles sources.
Feel free to ask help.

There is also a forum discord group:
discord.gg/zVGsB3

if you really want to do something really good you could spend that money on books or something meaningfull. but if you really want, then give those money to the poors. it s the same, but feels better

Don’t do that, don’t worry about Wild until you have established a great Standard collection and those cards rotate out.

I don’t think you should spend so much. Only buy special offers, like the Year of the Dragon set, and pre orders for each new set. You eventually catch up because of all the free packs.

Classic is weak after the last 3 years of nerfs and HOFs. You should prioritize in this order:
AoO
DoD
SoU
Classic
RoS

If you insist on not listening about Wild, buy ~40 packs of Kobolds. But please don’t do it until 2022.

1 Like