Podcast won’t play when Hearthstone opens

Since I updated this evening, my podcasts (or audible or Spotify) stops as soon as I open hearthstone. Can’t play if I don’t have other input

8 Likes

Same issue. Bumping for visibility.

6 Likes

From the 25.6 Known Issues thread:

4 Likes

Intentionally unplayable, apparently.

4 Likes

If not already, please raise the issue of other app’s sound being disabled to high priority. For me hearthstone is my go-to game in the gym on the elliptical, but not if I can’t listen to my own music in the background … it’s only been one session so far but I’m already suffering hearthstone withdrawal! lol

6 Likes

Besides the fact that this is a terrible “workaround” there was no notification to potential affected users. I’d wager the vast majority of mobile users either have HS’s sound muted or are listening to something else like music or podcasts.
Please escalate this fix.

6 Likes

The patch notes say that they are aware of this and intend to fix this in an future update so don’t worry. The fact that they caught this bug beforehand is better than letting the app crash constantly. We just have to wait a bit.

2 Likes

Yep. Walking dog. Want to play HS and listen to podcast. This is killing me

5 Likes

I’m in the same boat. Use it while listening to other things. Choosing between the two, hearthstone does not win. Have to find a new game if they don’t fix this.

6 Likes

They have a pretty short window to fix this. Folks will just find the next game…

6 Likes

Agreed. Just highlighting for priority. Huge issue.

2 Likes

i’m so with you here, i use hearthstone on the treadmill cause one BGs game is enough for one workout, but it’s impossible to play without my own music/podcasts i can’t sit there for 40 minutes walking while listening to hearthstones sound

2 Likes

yeah i bet you 97% of people playing mobile hearthstone are not listening to the hearthstone audio

2 Likes

i wonder if the crashes were before or after this new update because i literally never had a problem the only problem i have is not being able to listen to my own music/podcasts

2 Likes

According to the patch notes it is the update itself that is causing the problem. They had to deactivate background sounds so the app wouldn’t crash.

1 Like

Looks like we are all in the same boat. I love HS but will play chess or something else and listen to a podcast. How I unwind and ……do about everything.

2 Likes

Totally agree here. Issue should be top of the list as far as fast patching. People will just play different games while listening to what they want.

Please fix the issue in this thread Blizzard.

2 Likes

Any news on this? Or if not does anyone know any games like hearthstone that allow you to listen to podcasts while you play? I heard good things about Slay the Spire, does that allow you to listen to podcasts?

2 Likes

This is the silliest bug. Instead of disabling your sound, that nobody listens to on mobile, you decide to disable what people do listen to. Meanwhile, I can use PiP if I wait until after the game loads. So it’s basically your stupid dialogue that’s causing problems. Just add an option to disable sound entirely and disable it by default until you fix your problems.

1 Like

Personally have played so much Marvel Snap the last 2 weeks because of this. Honestly the dumbest, most avoidable bug that Hearthstone has ever had. How is this still not fixed lmaooo

1 Like