Patch 21.3 coming tuesday

doesnt mage win rate depends a lot on warlock playrate ?last time i checked warlock is questline mage best match up

so if a nerf to it decreases those warlock decks playrate it will decrease mage win rate too

1 Like

Keen observation. /20characters

They are about to nerf Warlock and Shaman the only good matchups quest Mage still has.

How low can the deck win rate go???
The skys the limit lmao.

Which is precisely why it’s good that Mage is getting buffs.

Don’t get me wrong, it’s entirely possible that the resulting meta may provide alternative food for Quest Mage, but that remains to be seen. Taunt Druid, Handbuff Paladin, Quest Rogue, and probably any minion-heavy Warrior deck are all in the Mage’s favor as well, you just don’t see a ton of them on the ladder right now.

And How better than warlock and Shaman being the most popular classes despite of mage itself a metagame can get for questline mage?

Hunter also getting dumpstered?

I can say with actual property that It not gets better for Quest mage than it is now.
The instant changes happen the deck is done and It is done because It is so weak that even when most circunstances are on it’s favor It still a 50% deck.

Probably not, but that’s fine.

I said the resulting meta may increase the popularity of other decks that Mage is favored against. I didn’t say there was any guarantee at all that robbing Mage of it’s two primary food sources is going to help it in any way.

You really tend to come across as though you’re arguing against points that I’m not making.

Sigh, I can’t wait that long.

How many players do you think are running Quest Mage strictly to counter Warlock?
I ask because I wonder what the nerf to Warlock will do?
Also; are the buffs to mage to support something else should Quest Mage fall from play?

last 100 games in 3k EU i have 14% mage opponents according to my stats.

it actually matches up with priest and DH (also 14%) and only outpaced by warlock (17%)

so it’s clearly being played alot.

I expect the Priest redesign to be the Quest.

2 Likes

You’re way too optimistic.

It’s gonna be a redesign of Illucia (aka a nerf)

1 Like

This is one time I will not be optimistic. I doubt it

How dare you say such a thing!!! Off with your head!!! lol,

I never liked Illucia until this expansion. :slight_smile: But oh well… if they change that, than we have to work with it and move on. :slight_smile:

I still think the Priest quest is what is going to change. I mean if it was just Illucia, it would just be a nerf. A redesign to me is something bigger than 1 card.

Or they might change the shadow hero power perhaps, I could see that as well.

It’s 100% Illucia. I would bet money on it.

Probably not a ton. The deck, like Big Priest of Wild, simply has a large following of players that really, really like it and continue to play it despite it not being extremely good. It can still get work done in the current meta and indeed plenty of folks are still taking it to Legend this month, but outside of the fun factor and the possibility of running into a Warlock/Shaman-heavy pocket meta, it’s nothing to write home about.

Probably slow it down to where its performance against the rest of the meta is damaged enough to stick it in lower Tier 2, possibly even Tier 3 territory, thus reducing its presence in the meta and making way for other developments. Trimming down top-performing decks, especially ones that hold other archetypes down (like Quest Shaman, which would be INSANE without Warlock to counter it, which is why even VS has been advocating for Quest Shaman nerfs if they decide to nerf Warlock) is like peeling back layers - it creates space for other decks to rise and change the dynamics of the meta, sometimes drastically.

Alec specifically said the buffs are targeting new archetypes that didn’t hit as well as they’d hoped. To me, that likely means Fire Mage minions.

2 Likes

I hope you’re right. I’d love me some fire mage. :fire:

2 Likes

I think guidance is fine. People were complaining about lightning bloom and perpetual flame (aggro decks)

1 Like

It will be a redesign…but it won’t be as good.

Might even just be a swap random cards in your hand with some in the enemies hand.

She should go back to 2 Mana with, Swap hands with your opponent equal to the number of cards in your hand until your next turn.

So if you have 3 cards in hand, an your opponent has 5 cards, you guys will swap 3 of those cards an they will still keep 2 cards of theirs randomly until your next turn.

It’s a decent way to keep what the card does, so that players new an old aren’t confused by a brand new card which I feel they will want to be going for.

3 Likes

To be honest, I don’t have an issue with the say Illucia works right now. I have more of an issue with Mage Ignite/sorriers apprentice/ chandler in wild. However, I doubt they are going to touch that till it gains more popularity.