One question about ress priest in wild mode

How long are you going to collect information about ressurect priest?
How much can you collect statistics on the deck that if you live to the 6-7 round you just won 95% ?
How long are you gonna look at Barnes? If the big priest will put Barnes on a 3-4 round you can not win. Just concede.
Tonight…

btw yes i know my english is so bad , but i dont care about it.
I hope you can read what I wrote

2 Likes

Safe assumption here:

Nothing will be done about Resurrect Priest until after Plague of Murlocs (new Shaman card) has a chance to impact the Wild meta. Shaman, by and large, was already favored against Big Priest across the board and this card, at 3 mana, just introduce a MAJOR headache for that deck as it will pollute the Resurrect pool with a lot of different minions.

2 Likes

That’s one class though. As someone who rarely even plays wild, I can’t for the life of me understand why they don’t nerf Barnes into oblivion. The deck will still be playable and likely still top tier and it will stop the stupid turn 3/4 concedes that everyone has hated since this card was in standard.

2 Likes

Barnes is and isn’t the problem.

Barnes is the easiest card to attack, for certain, but it does help other fringe decks (Big Rogue, yeah!) as well. The other option is to change Eternal Servitude and/or Resurrect.

I’d be all for a Big Priest nerf but if the mode breaks in a certain way Big Priest could easily plummet in play rate. One card this toxic to a deck and given to the best Wild class arguably could cause enough issues.

I mean, prior to the Aggro Kingsbane Rogue nerfs the deck was finally beginning to fall in Wild. Quest Mage, aggro in general, and Exodia Mage are all favored so if you can toss in Shudderwock/Jade Shaman that could become an environment the becomes a bit too hostile.

1 Like

Realistically? It’s a deck that’s popular way beyond what it’s winrate represents (as salty as losing to it makes people) so it’s a reasonable assumption that Blizzard doesn’t want to just delete the archetype. Which means more res cards first to keep it alive and bring it in to Standard, presumably, before breaking up the Big Priest version.

For the record though, Big Priest is only just barely in the top 15 best performing decks in Wild. It’s 12% of the population, with the population growing larger the worse rank. Much more popular at Rank 15 than 5. None of this suggests the deck is statistically problematic. But haters gonna hate and you can certainly make a case that the deck isn’t fun to lose to.

Personally, I don’t get why it’s less fun to lose to than being exploded by aggro in like 5 turns, but w/e. I’m just one person.

Because a slightly better draw won’t save you from Big Priest highrolling.

Aggro forces you to interact.

Big Priest sets up so much bs, constantly, that midrange decks besides Even Shaman do not exist in Wild.
They also have access to some of the best removal in the game, with far too many deckslots to boot.

3 Likes

Maybe because I can’t play control deck?
I dont like aggro decks like SMORC AND take ur FREE MMR
Because every time I look for an opponent I say please game not big priest .

1 Like

All those fringe decks are build around a broken card.

It only proves that Barnes is broken enough to build decks that would have no business existing.

In spell hunter it overshadowed the 2 buildaround cards for example.

4 Likes

It will be Quest Mage and not Big Priest you wind up hating, then. Give it time.

1 Like

the new expansion wasnt released yet so it will take a while before they can tell if the new cards like the shaman plague will decrease the playrate of the deck or not

Res Priest is not top tier in wild. People only play it because it’s fun, and Standard is abysmal for that class.

I don’t like Res Priest anymore than the next player but I do find a good ol fashioned OTK has a tendency to stop them in their tracks.

I’m not sure if the if the salt on Big Priest reflects the meta. It’s not top tier, and lacks consistency.

Paladin and Rogue wrecks it in Wild.