Not awarded bonus stars?

Hi. First time post.

I have been playing HS for a few years an never encountered a bug. However, I have just been on a 6 win streak from Silver 3 to Gold 1 and have not received any bonus stars despite the text reading “bonus x2”. An example of this is I was Silver 1 - 3 stars, won (6th in a row) and moved to Gold 10 - 2 stars. No bonus.

Any ideas? This is frustrating as I want to rank up as far as possible but have been robbed of at least 6 stars!

Dave

Which star bonus was at the beginning of the season?

I haven’t been online for a while so i started at bronze 10. I was receiving bonus stars up until i reached silver 3, that is when i started the winning streak.

Dave

Star Bonuses

To go from one rank to the next—say, Gold 10 to Gold 9—you will need to gain three Stars. You’ll gain one Star for each match you win, and lose one for a loss. At the start of each season, players will be awarded a Star Bonus based on their performance the previous season. This Star Bonus acts as a multiplier on the Stars you earn from each win.

For example, if you have a Star Bonus of 5x and you win a game, you’ll get five Stars instead of one. If your winning game is a part of a win streak, you’ll get double that: 10 Stars! Upon hitting each ranked floor in your climb, your Star Bonus will be reduced by one. When playing with a Star Bonus you’ll be matched by your matchmaking rating (MMR), meaning you’ll be matched even more precisely with players of your similar skill level when climbing!

https://bnetcmsus-a.akamaihd.net/cms/content_entry_media/0r/0RZJGXNCQEZZ1583950342568.png

So for example bronze 10 was with x4 Star bonus
bronze 5 → x3
silver 10 → x2
silver 5 → x1 (if it win streak it means 1 star x2=2 stars…)

Great explanation. Thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like