No duplicate protection (also possible infinite dust bug)

Hello,

Today the new patch dropped with the mini-set, after I purchased it I used what’s left of my gold to buy classic packs (since I’m planning to start playing the format). Not only does duplicate protection in classic packs does not work, I’m also unable to disenchant the extra cards I got from the opening (every time I try to do so it keeps adding extra copies and increasing my dust for some reason). Since I don’t want to exploit the situation I’m reporting this so it gets fixed ASAP. Lastly, I would like to apologize for my English since it is not my first language.

Best regards.

Your English is actually really good! I’m sure the duplicate protection and stuff is due to something inherent in the Classic packs themselves, but here isn’t the best place to ask for help. I’d recommend opening a ticket with Blizzard themselves (since they track every pack you buy and every card opened) and/or posting screenshots to Reddit to get their attention since they don’t check the forums much.

On the possible exploit: I did not experience this myself when disenchanting cards yesterday so it’s not something across the entire board. You might need to supply more specifics. But please do not do that here. Reports that include details that enables others to cheat or exploit should not be made on a public forum. Instead, mail to hacks@blizzard.com as instructed here:
How to Report Hacks/Exploits/Cheating

For the duplicate protection, do keep in mind that it does not look at what you currently own, but at everything you ever owned even if you disenchanted it later. Once you “have or have had” two of each card of a set/rarity (or one for legendaries), cards are strictly random.
So if you dusted some cards and now expect to get those back because you “miss” them, then it’s not a bug but you misunderstanding the feature.

If the above is not your case, then please share more details: which packs did you open, which cards did you get, and which cards were you expecting to get?