N00b player looking for a bit of advice

Hello. I’ve been playing off and on for a couple months. I had never played a TCG but I seem to have worked out how everything (well, most things) work. Two things are really bugging me though.

1. I have never purchased packs aside from the packs I’m rewarded in game. I don’t really want to buy any, but I am wondering if it’s really possible to advance any further in game without spending real money. I play against some people that have cards I’ve never seen and they beat the hell out of me.

2. The game has been giving me the “Welcome To Outland” quest for quite some time. I have tried it probably 30 times and am unable to beat the final leg of it. Is this due to the fact that I haven’t spent money on cards? Is it even possible without buying cards?

3. I just discovered the crafting/ disenchanting option for cards. Any tips on utilizing that option would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for reading. Any and all input is greatly appreciated.

Hey man, hit me up on NA or EU , HealBot#21481 … :slight_smile: lets chat, im 100% free to play and i can teach you and give u tons of advices how to min max your collection and gameplay :stuck_out_tongue:

Ok cool thanks. I will add you now and check to see if youre on when i get home later tonight. I didn’t realize there was even an option to play against someone you choose.

Hey there, don’t feel bad about being stuck on that last Outland quest, it’s a little tough. You do not need to buy cards for it, the deck they give you is set for that scenario, so it doesn’t help to have anything else. It took me a few tries and my girlfriend needed my help to beat it so it’s normal to struggle a bit with it.

As for your collection in general, complete all your “New player” quests and you get gifted a free deck that’s very good:

h ttps://us.battle.net/support/en/article/260329

Get that deck and buy packs with your gold and you should be able to compete just fine without spending a dime.

Also something I did that helped me a lot was choose four classes to never play and disenchant literally everything I could for them. I will never play Priest, Hunter, Druid or Mage, but that gave me the dust to craft cards for the classes I actually want to play. So I recommend doing that with at least one or two classes.

Thanks for these tips. I got the free deck long ago and have earned a bunch since then. So disenchant some classes huh? There are some I don’t like. Perhaps I’ll look into that.

I would not do it, but then I am a long time (and also not a ftp) player. At least I would try out first, what classes I like, and which I don’t. Deciding to not play four classes, when the meta will change again in three months… I would advice against that. In a pinch decide for ONE class to not be worth it.

1 Like

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/hearthstone/t/player-guide-work-in-progress/