My home brew DK got legend today

In his pocket meta of MMR and D5-legend this may have been the perfect card selection to counter what he was playing against the most. You really donā€™t know.

1 Like

This.

I got to legend last month with a homebrew Reno druid built around death beetle. Wasnā€™t an amazing deck but I enjoyed it because it could get Reno out turn 5 or 6 sometimes so it could shutdown aggro decks, which typically where the bane of ramp druid existence.

In any case, congrats op!

Thank you all for the kind words, well from the majority of posters, it always have to be at least one that contribute with some negativity, balance issue maybe.

I clearly stated that the majority where positive, and thanked them.

And i am sorry if you play warrior, it is hard for warrior against above deck. But hey, there is many out there having similar feelings about Brann, Boomboss and Reno.

Omg stop using this phrase, pocket metas are just a nonsense way of looking at matchmaking randomness.

What a horrible thing to write.

The correct response is you ā€œfeelā€ like it is a horrible thing to write. Just because you feel a certain way doesnā€™t make it true for anyone else. Corrected that for you snowflake.

The correct correct response is that you ā€œfeelā€ like I ā€œfeelā€ that it is a horrible thing to write.

And by ā€œcorrectā€ I actually mean redundant. No one needs to preface their opinions with ā€œI think thatā€¦ā€ It is implied.

Iā€™m proabably getting too old for this sh** but, i do not understand the joke either. What the relation between equity and inclusion, and death knight? In warcraft lore, death knight would be kinda loner, keeping to themselve, no?

As some ppl already pointed out but in different wording. In this context that comment is only weird, and if thinking about the meaning of it and the context togheter with adding your previous comments regarding your feeling on DK, ā€œI feelā€ it is realy cringe on your part.

Nah, it was pretty messed up to say.

Itā€™s just the hip new codeword for racist slurs, and you shouldnā€™t use it in a derogatory context like that.

2 Likes

I donā€™t think you can be too proud about getting to legend with Dk this season, no matter which slight deck variation you come up with. Edit: especially not with plagues

To me ā€œit feels likeā€ you had a statment in a argument that other people did not agree on, with some sound arguments on why they disagreed. And you now retreat to a very imature behaviour in response to those arguments. To add to what to me ā€œfeelsā€ imature in a text based debate is to backtrack and remove own post that has been obviously wrong.

Yep, a BUU DK is probably the only playable version of a Plague DK at the moment. Iā€™ve been thinking of trying something like that, but havenā€™t done that yet, although it might change after the patch for reasons listed below.

Compared to a BUF version, it loses some good stuff from the frost rune, such as Quartzite Crushers (!), Pit Boss Reska and Climactic Necrotic Explosion (yep, a bit of a ā€˜heavyā€™ card, but it can win games sometimes, e.g. vs Wheel Warlocks), as well as Frost Strikes, which can also discover useful cards, in exchange for a more complete plague package, which is a decisive factor mostly against Warriors, especially singleton ones (otherwise the reduced set results in a race, with results decided by whether they can get their Deepminer Brann going before you play your plagues) ā€” so thatā€™s the way I see it. Perhaps thatā€™s what weā€™ll have to play after the patch, with the DH gone, but weā€™ll see about it.

Gotta say, your deck indeed does involve some choices Iā€™d find unconventional, including the omission of good cards allowed by the runes, e.g. The Headless Horseman, or tokens/posion and the ubiquitous Zilliax, but if itā€™s worked for you ā€” bonus points for creativity, I guess. Besides, it looks like a rather budget approach ā€” thereā€™s also that.

Of course, this deck still apparently suffers from typical DK problems, i.e. being weak to just getting OTKed in the face and stuff.

I never thought about it in a way it might be budget, since lack of cards is no issue for me, that was a positive unintended outcome, means more ppl can play it, if they want to i guess.

The horseman is in the deck though, he was very usefull during rank 3-1 diamond against the wheel warlocks. I tried to use him after they burn their deck and kill the 15/15 and play Helya after.

Zilliax was in the early versions i did, but i needed to bring the curve down a bit, and benefits from him i did feel i could get from other cards but cheaper on the curve.

I have considered poison/token combo, but my experience is i have enough wave clear in threads of despair, hollow hound and yogg.

Thank you for your input :smiley:

Oh, my bad. :grinning:

By the way, would you consider using ā€˜preformatted textā€™ for the deck? It would be much easier to read (I might have missed it because of this :grinning:) and look nicer, in my opinion (see also below how it looks on the forum).

The thing is, they can get big demons e.g. on turn 4 and also summon giants from the Forge of Wills (including a copy of a 15-15 guy), so Iā€™d find single-target removals such as this insufficient.

Yep, itā€™s cheap with tokens, but without them it might not work that well.

Just in case, this is more of a ā€˜standardā€™ deck that Iā€™ve been playing in the ā€˜Legendā€™ rank, or rather my interpretation of it:

DK
### RGB
# Class: Death Knight
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Pegasus
#
# 2x (1) Miracle Salesman
# 2x (1) Runes of Darkness
# 1x (1) Threads of Despair
# 2x (2) Frost Strike
# 2x (2) Hematurge
# 2x (2) Mining Casualties
# 2x (3) Chillfallen Baron
# 2x (3) Crop Rotation
# 1x (3) Rustrot Viper
# 2x (3) Sickly Grimewalker
# 1x (4) E.T.C., Band Manager
#   1x (1) Threads of Despair
#   1x (2) Down with the Ship
#   1x (3) Rustrot Viper
# 1x (4) Helya
# 1x (4) Maw and Paw
# 2x (4) Quartzite Crusher
# 2x (5) Army of the Dead
# 1x (6) The Headless Horseman
# 1x (8) The Primus
# 1x (10) Climactic Necrotic Explosion
# 1x (0) Zilliax Deluxe 3000
#   1x (0) Zilliax Deluxe 3000
#   1x (5) Perfect Module
#   1x (5) Ticking Module
# 1x (20) Reska, the Pit Boss
# 
AAECAfHhBAr9xAX8+QWT+wXt/wWLkgb/lwbNngbHpAa7sQa9sQYK9eMEkOQEh/YEhY4GlJUGl5UGkZcGkqAGy7AG2OUGAAEGgvgF/cQFzZ4G/cQFu7EG/cQF9rMGx6QG97MGx6QG6N4Gx6QGAAA=
# 
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

By the way, one could also use the Threads of Despair on a poisonous ghoul ā€” an effective combo.

Oh, not at all, thank you for starting a good thread. :grinning:

Congrats, it must be a great feeling to hit legend with a deck you customized to your taste

Thatā€™s a great sign you might be talanted for even bigger success in this game

Yes. Iā€™m glad to see someone point that out. Although, often when someone doesnā€™t indicate theyā€™re aware their opinion is subjective, they also believe itā€™s necessarily correct. No?

Facts donā€™t care about your feelings, snowflake.

Congratulations dude deck looks solid.
I think Iā€™ve been too focused on the rainbow version of the deck.