My home brew DK got legend today

Yep, a BUU DK is probably the only playable version of a Plague DK at the moment. I’ve been thinking of trying something like that, but haven’t done that yet, although it might change after the patch for reasons listed below.

Compared to a BUF version, it loses some good stuff from the frost rune, such as Quartzite Crushers (!), Pit Boss Reska and Climactic Necrotic Explosion (yep, a bit of a ‘heavy’ card, but it can win games sometimes, e.g. vs Wheel Warlocks), as well as Frost Strikes, which can also discover useful cards, in exchange for a more complete plague package, which is a decisive factor mostly against Warriors, especially singleton ones (otherwise the reduced set results in a race, with results decided by whether they can get their Deepminer Brann going before you play your plagues) — so that’s the way I see it. Perhaps that’s what we’ll have to play after the patch, with the DH gone, but we’ll see about it.

Gotta say, your deck indeed does involve some choices I’d find unconventional, including the omission of good cards allowed by the runes, e.g. The Headless Horseman, or tokens/posion and the ubiquitous Zilliax, but if it’s worked for you — bonus points for creativity, I guess. Besides, it looks like a rather budget approach — there’s also that.

Of course, this deck still apparently suffers from typical DK problems, i.e. being weak to just getting OTKed in the face and stuff.