Mercenaries tasks pop-up behavior

so when you finish a task there is a slight delay before when the tasks campfire is automatically popped up that you can click on the button for the next encounter … if there is only one route to the next encounter, like a boss for example, you can click on the play button before resolving the tasks pop-up … there isn’t really a drawback that i can tell to doing this except that maybe there could be some memory problem behind the scenes … but i thought it was worth mentioning that it is a strange situation that is a minor inconvenience if you brain fart and click play before resolving your task thereby losing a battle to pursue your next task … all relatively minor, but again I thought was worth mentioning

If you know that a quest/task has been completed yet didn’t send to back to the campfire which was a big problem in the past as you had to back out to home page of mercenaries to open the campfire, but now they added a campfire icon at the button of the route tree. As for the memory leak issues, they already know and don’t care/cannot fix it. The game’s been like that since it came out. A rule for battlegrounds players is to reset the game after like 3 games, otherwise you start to lag hard.

Maybe it’s a slightly different issue, but still, I’d like to add: I’ve noticed that the task does not ‘auto-resolve’, to put it in your terms, if it involves visiting non-combat nodes, i.e. boons, mysteries or spirit healers, in which case the pop-up thing happens after the next fight on the map.

As for the pop-up delay that you speak of, the game tends to be not be very responsive during that short period, if memory serves, and I can’t confirm or disprove that you indeed can start the next fight at this window of opportunity, but if that were the case, seems like a general lag issue.

No, you could also visit the campfire previously, it just required one more click on the ‘Visit’ (or something like that) button after selecting the campfire icon, which was always there, on the map.

Don’t know and don’t care about Batllegrounds, which are off-topic here, but, speaking of bugs: Mercenaries: frequent crashes on task screen. It’s better nowadays, but still happens occasionally.

I confirm that right now, it is possible for the task board to pop up, as discussed above, while the next fight is already loading. It can be a minor inconvenience.

It’s not off-topic since memory leaks happen in every mode, it’s that people who play battlegrounds already know this as it’s more of an issue there. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮