Mercenaries, Renown trade problem

Hello. I’m having a problem with the Renown coins. I can not convert my excess coins from two fully maximized characters: Millhouse Manastorm and Cariel Roame. Their coins keep collecting, and I can not upgrade anything else in their profile.
Yet I do have two other maximised heroes – Zirella and Samuro. They have a lettering ‘Maxed!’ in place of their coins in Mercenaries list, while Millhouse and Cariel do not: they simply display the number of coins which is 333 and 803 respectively. Samuros’ and Zirella’s excess coins do convert well. So it is not broken in general, it works.

Probably, probably, the Game doesn’t count them as maxed, because both Millhouse and Cariel do have an item which does not requires to be upgraded: “Ley Line Wand” and “Hammer of Dawn”.

Anamnesis.
I’ve maximised those buggy heroes before Renown was introduced. Then I did not play the game for quite some long time.

I did not find the way to post the image. I can provide screenshots, if needed.

1 Like

You could do that.

Could be possibly related: Can't convert coins to renown .

A set of 6 images: https://imgur.com/a/449CZQ5
Also both of those heroes have their task chain completed (although it has nothing to do with this problem, seems to me).

Update: Also Cariel’s max stats should be 12/78 when maximized. You can see she is 11/73 in my collection. Same for Millhouse: 5/69 and 6/74.

1 Like

Alright, apparently, you’re afflicted with the ‘Mercenaries max stat’ issue, and the rest with renown is a consequence of that.

It’s probably a server-side issue, nothing we can do about that. Maybe it didn’t process accounts of inactive players properly or such.

1 Like

Okay, thanks for the answer. But what about launching a procedure which checks this situation and fixes it?
I would be happy if one of my abilities or gear is lowered in level so I can level up it again to maximize the hero. Although I believe it is easily can be done harmless on Blizzard’s side. Or maybe returning hero to lvl 1 with refund of coins needed to upgrade him again is the solution. Hell, I’m even ready to upgrade them from scratch again.

You see, a lot of coins will be useless and their number will only keep growing. Instead of getting other coins or converting those to renown, me (and many other honest players) are doomed to live with this bug.

Can we convey this problem to people who can solve this?

Whom are you addressind, mate? :grinning: This is a forum for the community, so to speak, and as I’ve pointed out numerous times elsewhere, the developers are not known for good communication.

By the way, they did the fix for the max stats issue during one of the previous patches. Apparently, it didn’t work perfectly for some people in rare cases.

No need for you to reinvent the wheel.

Actually, I’ve recommended hoarding renown for now, having declined all trades offers I got before maxing all my mercs, so this isn’t such a big problem yet, in my opinion.

That’s what this forum is supposed to be for. You’ve made your point, I suppose, and I’ve put my efforts to systematically analyse these cases and report the root cause. Maybe they’ll hear this and fix it at some point… maybe not.

You could also sumbit a ticket to the customer service or whatever it’s called, linking the topic I pointed to above, but I can’t promise you anything. Many, if not most, of these ‘supports’ are horrible nowadays, having those clueless boys and girls with cheat sheets for common questions, totally incapable of anything outside the realm of stock answers, especially at the so-called first line. Maybe, if you get lucky, someone’ll look into the problem… Ultimately, though, it’s up to developers to fix the underlying issue anyway, as far as I understand.

1 Like

I’m addressing to anyone who can help. Did not knew it is just a community forum. Hoped they will loose their mind and will run to fix this issue.
Don’t get me wrong, I’m very grateful for your attention and help.
I’m not trying to reinvent something. It seems they aren’t able to fix it.

Thanks for your help again. I’m updating Jaina ATM.
She also has unupgradable item. If she will not be upgraded, then problem is wider than we suppose.

Wow another report and no response after all this time.

1 Like

Wow, It was fixed! Congratulations everybody. Thanks to Blizzard.