Massive galakrond rogue bug

I was playing my Galakrond Rogue earlier with the new card Secret Passage. I played passage with Galakrond in my hand and drew an invoke card. I played the invoke card and it had the effect by giving me a lackey, but it didn’t upgrade Galakrond. this is massive because that was supposed to be my fourth invoke and then I couldn’t play a decent galakrond turn without drawing another invoke(Which I didn’t.)

1 Like

Cards that move backwards in play (board > hand > deck) lose all buffs. Galakrond is actually 3 distinct minions. If Galakrond is only partially invoked (1/2 or 3/4), returning him to the deck loses that invoke.

2 Likes

You may have to explain a little bit differently. To me, if secret passage puts the cards back in your deck, which I’m not sure it actually does, Galakrond invokes should still upgrade him, since they upgrade him in your deck.
(Edit): The problem is, when I play the invoke cards, they aren’t upgrading galakrond AT ALL.

galakrond exists in 3 versions:
No invokes
2 invokes
4 invokes
as you see on the card the image changes with every step and the game considers these 3 different cards. when galakrond has 1 invoke over its previous transformation eg 1 or 3 invokes, its the same as having a buffed minion in hand, when the card is shuffled into the deck that buff (or invoke) is lost and the card returns to it original state, which in galakronds case is one of the 3 mentioned states

1 Like

Then you might have to explain how I shuffled a galakrond with one invoke with secret passage, and it came back with one invoke when I didn’t invoke it.

(edit): As well as how invoking twice while galakrond is in secret passage also does nothing.

uhm, can you explain the entire problem and situation in detail to help us understand? right now your stories are contradicting each other.

These are from multiple games.
Edit:
It started when I had a 3 invoke galakrond, shuffled it with secret passage and used an invoke on it. Just a moment ago I had a game where I shuffled a 1 invoke galakrond into my deck and didn’t invoke, and it came back with 1 invoke. That same game, I shuffled again and invoked twice, and it came back, again, with only 1 invoke.

Same.

1. Had a 0 mana Rogue Galakrond with 1 Invoke.
  2. When I cast Secret Passage, I was able to Invoke to 4.
  3. When I got Galakrond back, it was only at 1 Invoke. (It kept the mana reduction, though. So that worked :slight_smile: )
  4. I checked if it was just a visual bug, but Galakrond only drew 1 card after 4 Invokes.

You’re not being very helpful and distracting from a [BUG] post. He accurately described the problem.

with the clarifications made in the reports it would seem secret passage returns the hand that was shuffled back, including the current “buffs”. would be interesting if someone is willing to try it with cost reduction or buffing minions and if they also retain the original buff they had when shuffled back.

i would test myself if i had pulled a secret passage.

It would also be helpful to test it with C’thun.
My hypothesis is that secret passage moves your hand outside the game so it doesn’t track anything like galakrond invokes, or perhaps, C’thun buffs.

It should have worked like this: You invoked Galakrond once(card text changed). You shuffled it back with Secret Passage(it loses the 1 invoke). Then you invoke it with a card that you got from Secret Passage(it receives 1 invoke again). So when you get it back it has 1 invoke. Its the same with Plot Twist Warlock btw.
If you ever invoked it twice without shuffling it back inbetween the 2 invokes it should always become Galakrond the Apocalypse and never change back though.

I have double invoked while Galakrond was in secret passage and it didn’t upgrade him, thus my concern.

It is now mentioned in the official “known issues” sticky post:

Hopefully that means that a fix is being worked on.

im completely new to the forums so sorry if this is out of place or whatever. but secret passage also doesnt save a cards corruption. i played yogg to corrupt my clown and yogg rolled puzzlebox which cast secret passage and when i ended my turn the clown came back as an uncorrupted version. my replay gets kinda confusing because i also drew my other clown with a yogg spell and i did not play either clown the next turn so im not sure if its a visual only bug but heres my replay: (hsreplay) /replay/NeQkmPLaUXvobX9qDaDi59