Mass Disenchant overestimating?

I have a spreadsheet to keep track of how much cards I miss and how much dust I have. Today, after the update to patch 20.0, I noticed a huge and unexpected change.

The amount of dust that I am promised if I were to click “Disenchant Extra Cards” suddenly jumped up, from 52135 to 68295. That’s a gain of 16,160 dust.
I prefer not to dust my extra cards, so I have not verified whether or not I would actually receive that amount of dust if I click the button.

I first thought this might be related to the golden Core cards I received but the detailed breakdown of the dust “under the button” proves that wrong. See screenshot: https://imgur.com/a/Yd2XnXL
(I do not have a screenshot of this before the update; I only tracked the total).

Is there an error somewhere? Has the logic of the mass disenchant changed (e.g. to also auto-disenchant plain cards if you own a golden copy)? Or has my account mysteriously been gifted loads and loads of duplicate cards??

I received Murkeye and Captain’s Parrot from achievements, but I already had them from crafting Hall of Fame cards, so I have duplicates of those. When I go to Disenchant Extra Cards it says it would give me 1200 dust, but that’s twice as much as it should say as these are the only duplicates in my collection.

2 Likes

Possibly related: I have no extra/triplicate cards anywhere in my collection and yet I have the dust icon shaking next to the crafting button. (If I click it, I don’t get the option to disenchant extra cards)

1 Like

I earned Murk-Eye the old fashioned way back in 2016 and now I appear to have 2, and the Disenchant Extra Cards button says it will give 800 dust for two legendaries. I’m afraid to press the button.

1 Like

I have this exact same issue. Every time I open my collection I think there is dust, but the mass DE button is not there.

Same here!
After the patch release, I got the legendary Old Murky Eye murloc and the mass disenchant button shows a greater amount of arcane dust than it should.
Even though I already took a look at the collection and noticed that I don’t have as many duplicate cards as the button shows, I’m afraid to click on it and miss something…

Apparently this is in the list of known bugs. (Why Blizzard posts that list in another forum but not here is fully beyond me but okay).

“* Fixed a bug where the mass disenchant preview would count some cards twice but would give the correct amount of dust when used.” The patch today said it would fix this issue but I am still experiencing it. I have 2 copies of Old Murk Eye due to the achievement, that’s the only duplicate legendary I have, and the preview is still saying it will disenchant 2 legendaries. Still afraid to press the button.

Mass disenchant value is still wrong after todays 20.4.2 patch

1 Like

Can confirm still wrong. Maybe today’s live maintenance will fix it…

I’m still having this issue in version 21.0.0.88998 which came out this Tuesday

Same, I still see 2 legendaries about to be dusted but I have only 1 extra (Old Murk Eye).

Still bugged after 2021-08-17 patch, version 21.0.3.91040.88998

Yep, still waiting for this to be fixed.