Mage Titan Norgannon looks Scary

Legendary · Minion · TITANS · Titan After this uses an ability, double the power of the other abilities.

Now by itself this card already seems really good, but there is one scenarii thats scares me a little with this card, and it involves Reverberations.

Rare · Spell · Festival of Legends · Summon a copy of a minion. Each one dies after taking damage.

Turn 6 play Norgannon, use the increase cost or secret, then turn 7, if you play reverberations on it, the effect of the new one should still be a pyroblast. So if it survives turn 6, you play 2 reverberations on it, you have 30 damage at the opponents face on turn 7.

Is this combo too slow, or do you think this will work too well?

Or am I missing something silly and it doesnt work at all?

1 Like

I’m not up to speed on how Titans work yet as I still have questions, but my understanding is that PLAYING the card allows you to use an ability immediately. Then, you can’t use the other ability until next turn when it is ready to “attack”.

I get the impression that summoning a copy doesn’t allow you to use the Titan ability immediately but it must wait until it has the attack feature…so in a sense, summoning a copy isn’t a 100% copy similarly to how summoning a copy of a current minion doesn’t allow you to immediately attack with that copy even though a pure copy of a minion that is ready to attack would summon a minion that can also immediately attack, but all copies of minions summon by default get that “summoning sickness” (MTG) effect behind the scenes.

Similarly, I would imagine that evolving or devolving into a Titan (if possible) doesn’t allow you to immediately use the ability.

I 100% could be wrong because I don’t really know how this all works yet.

I think if you allow copies to use abilities immediately then it might be a bit broken because it would work like you said.

1 Like

I dont believe this is possible, I know they said titans cannot be randomly generated or discovered. Not 100% sure if that translates to Evolves too.

1 Like

Awesome, thanks for the info.

So it looks like this is basically a 2 turn combo, you kill the Mage Titan that turn or you simply die next turn.

It does require you to have all 3 cards in hand AND survive a turn, so it’s not completely busted…yet.

But just give it time. Combos like this just need small support and then they take off one day. So something like “the next minion you play has stealth” and then this becomes a combo they have to address.

Right now, it seems this might be hard to pull off because you have to run the minion, it has to survive a turn and then you need both spells in hand. That means this combo likely won’t happen often on turn 6/7 on average, but instead will likely be a turn 9 average combo and still requires it to survive which is asking a lot.

But like I said, it’s one of those things that lurk in the dark that are just waiting for a certain card to come out that makes it broken. I have lists of things that are waiting for a single card to come out that allows the broken combo to go off. One of those things in the past was Test Subject. I was just waiting for some spell to come along to kill it that was cheap and somehow hurt the enemy and eventually that spell came. That’s how I knew the combo within minutes of it being revealed.

Just wait until that one minion that comes out that says “Your next minion has stealth or immune for 1 turn” and suddenly this becomes scary. I had previously been using dormant for stuff like this in the past.

1 Like

these card will never see play.

This titan has no rush, he 'll die to any removal the turn he is played.
At turn 6 the game is pretty much over anyways, you die to aggro and control deck play their wincondition, DK delete your hand and sit at 70 hp, druid play jailer the jailer and tony, etc.

Unless every class are massively nerfed across the board , there is no way you can play a turn 6 do nothing minion.

Remind me in 1,5 months. My bet is that this will be the new Trump: “Caverns Below, 1 Star”. :smirk:

2 Likes

You aren’t doing nothing when you play it… you literally use one of the abilities immediately.

3 Likes

The first ability of titans can be activated the turn you play it.

1 Like

“do nothing ?” why do you call it a do nothing card?

Alright, thanks schyla and rbr1018 !

I’m still not terribly impressed . But its seems they have an additional power, this one https://hearthstone.blizzard.com/en-us/news/23973116

Its seems norgannon double his power after each action. So its means it a 6/16 and not a 3/8 on first turn?

If that’s the case, that could see play.

or does it means each actions double power after the first one?

I don’t find the action that good though. Casting a random secret is weak. Deal 5 dmg is … barely decent , we already have a 5/5 for 5 that is never played with that effect. the last one, enemy card cost 1 more , is a cultist neophyte effect and is mostly good early.

it could be interesting if action get double power every time he use one.

he d cast a secret; make your card cost 2 more. And then deal 20 dmg. but again ,he would have to survive three turn.

I’m not sold on this one, the druid TItan looks a lot more interesting thanks to it ability to fully heal , then provide swing with mana crystal.

1 Like

It doubles its effect like you said. I’m also very unimpressed by this one, unless mage gets a card that guarantees that it can survive an extra turn.

1 Like

Pardon my saying, but the cards seem busted without all the extra shenanigans.
I can only speak for myself, but I am sick and tired of:
Deal with this or lose next turn.
Idk. I think I really need to find another game. This one has gone way too far.

dont know how many games of this genre you played but so far i havent found a single one without any minions thatll cost you the game if you dont remove it

Hmm this makes me think of Wild and Reincarnate with Shaman Titan whatever it is. Could be the new Busted Wild combo. They probably forgot Reincarnate exists.