Lost arena run due to bug?

Lost arena run because the enemy player didn’t play his turn for 30 minutes and his turn didn’t end. I don’t know if this was a bug or he was cheating

1 Like

Neither.

YOU disconnected from one of the two servers that communicate with your device during a match. This generally happens due to a lack of resources (such as RAM or bandwidth), antivirus interference, or network settings (some controlled by YOUR ISP).

It was not a bug. It was not cheating.
You had an issue with the connection on your side. To your opponent, it looked like you just disconnected and never returned. They had to wait out a few ropes and then were given a free win.

See Endless turn, Card Stuck Hovering, and Never Roping

EDIT: Ninja’d by Theoden, but leaving it up for the link

1 Like

What a pain in the butt.

If the tip is “close the game and restart asap” , why doesn’t the game tell me that I’ve lost my connection?

I didn’t notice until a couple of “hmm…” word bubbles appeared on MY hero even though the turn badge said “Enemy Turn”. It wasn’t until the third bubble that I realized that it was on my hero and not the enemy’s. By then it was too late to restart the app.

I was on track to win that arena game.

• RG>

I don’t know the technical details.
But I am sure that if the game had a reliable way to detect when the connection is down, it would not give a warning but simply reconnect autoamtically. This already happens in several disconnect scenarios.

I’ve had this same issue, and I believe it should be classified as a bug. A bug is any unintended behavior, and the intended behavior for a disconnect is a warning and reconnect. It has to be possible for the game to detect a disconnect, since it can do a periodic call and response ping.

2 Likes

I had the same issue and I did not lose my connection on battle net / hearthstone because I could still CHAT and INVITE my friends to the game!!! My enemy was probably cheating or using a bug. How can I report him and upload screenshot?

Screenshot: ibb .co/QDKw4t1

Read this link:

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/hearthstone/t/endless-turn-card-stuck-hovering-and-never-roping/66

There are multiple different connections at work when playing a game of Hearthstone. You lost connection to the Hearthstone game server, but not to the battle.net server, which is why you could still chat with your friends.

1 Like

I would say it’s definitly a bug. It’s easy for heartstone to say it’s your problem that you lost your connection. Just a few minutes ago I had the same issue. First round in the arena loss due to no progress in game. (it locked like my opponets game was frozen just in the last second till it’s automatic end…)
I had so many games specially im ranked mode which ended like this. I was at home, I have a super stable internet connection, my devices working perfictly well (I checked everything) and nothing helped. The game is frozen and it always ends with a loss.
It’s not fair to end a winning streak or a match in the arena with an loss for an player who didn’t do anything wrong and it’s devices are working well. An winning streak break is not nice, but punishing a player in the arena mode where you are only allowed to loose three times shouldn’t happen. I really like playing this mode, but I it’s getting more and more uninteresting when I lose games and my chances to play more games in this mode as well as the rank of rewards.
From my point of view there is a bug in the connection administration (I don’t no if there is a technical name - I’m not a native speaker).

• If I just wait ingame nothing happend (tested waiting for more than an hour…)
  • If I tap out on my smartphone and switch back - in the most cases nothing changes, the game is still frozen also it’s reconnected. Reconnection only worked, when I switched back to unfrozen game
  • close the window (pc or mobile phone) always a loss

So I don’t get it. Why is this issue no bug?

1 Like

“I have a stable connection.”

“My devices worked perfectly.”

If you’re disconnecting that much, I seriously doubt either one of those statements is exactly true.

Your description of the dc is the same as a million other people that have come here to claim “it’s not my fault”.

The device, your ISP, and your settings are all under your control - knowing how to troubleshoot/diagnose the issue first before laying blame is the smarter route to go.

Have you tried other devices on the same network? If other devices have the same trouble, it could be your own modem/router settings or something to do with your ISP.

From my point of view, there are far too many people that invest themselves in a device without having any real knowledge of how to set-up or maintain said device for the games they play.

In your case, you are disconnecting from ONE of the TWO servers that communicate with your device during a match. Waiting on that frozen screen to change is only ensuring your loss - as the game is continuing as normal for your opponent.

This issue is not a bug because (apparently) the general population has a very limited understanding of how internet traffic works and how good (or bad) particular devices (or pc setups) are for playing the game.