Lorekeeper Polkelt bug

I’ve just played a match in which I believe Lorekeeper Polkelt did not work as intended. I do not have the full clip of it, but I will write context below.

Screenshots: https://imgur.com/a/ZDbE5Q2

This was a Razakus mirror matchup, and on turn 4 or 5 my opponent played Lorekeeper Polkelt followed by Raza the Chained the next turn. As a result, I assumed they played Polkelt to reorder their deck so that Shadowreaper Anduin (and possibly Dragonqueen Alexstrasza) would be on top.

I thus saved my Mindrender Illucia for turn 10, where I would have enough mana to play her and steal their Shadowreaper Anduin, but when I played her, none of the expected cards were in my opponent’s hand (they drew Shadowreaper Anduin the following turn, which should not have been possible - it should have already been in their hand). As a result, it doesn’t seem to have functioned correctly.

Both of us had around 10-15 cards left in our decks, so it didn’t reorder them in the wrong order - it just seems to have done it in some kind of arbitrary manner.

The third screenshot shows that the bug isn’t related to Lorekeeper Polkelt reordering my deck instead of the opponent’s (as I drew Shadowreaper Anduin after several low cost cards).

(As a side note, Lorekeeper Polkelt’s animation shows him reordering the cards in the opposing player’s deck, which is presumably an animation bug.)

I should also note that no other deck-shuffling effects were played after Lorekeeper Polkelt (and in any event, given they played Polkelt as their sole action for that turn, that player should unavoidably draw their highest cost card the following turn).

I agree, Lorekeeper Porkelt many times doesn’t reorder and reshuffle my deck, the cards are still random.

So far, all reports about this fall into two categories:

1. It turns out the player missed a reshuffle effect that was played after Polkelt.
  2. The player cannot 100% certain confirm that there was no reshuffle effect.

If you have evidence of Polkelt not working, and this is NOT due to a card being shuffled into your deck, then please post as much information as possible. A screenshot would be good, a video recording better, an hsreplay.net link would be best.

I can also report Polkelt not drawing my deck’s cards from high to low after being played. Drew Saps when I had Valeera the Hollow in deck. Only thing that happened which was strange was that Polkelt was Potion of Poly’d the turn I played him. But that shouldn’t interrupt the battlecry right? N’zoth was the next card I drew (which implies Polkelt worked, unless it was the slim chance of drawing N’zoth normally) but then I started drawing Saps the turn afterwards. Never went in high–low cost draw order after that.

Please read this post, then if still relevant supply the requested information:

I agree, doesn’t make sense… i played polkelt on turn 6 and on my turn 10 I draw a mix of cards with cost 1 and 2 disordered

I would like to link my game, but i dont have trust lvl for that

how to share links

Hello,

I have also had lorekeeper not reshuffle correctly which is a huge problem. Without. The effect he is basically a yeti with no other value. I believe the problem may have something to do with when the opponent adds cards your deck as mine had the issue facing bomb warrior. Please fix this major bug.

Again, for the millionth time, this isn’t a bug.

Anything that shuffles cards into your deck WILL shuffle the deck, undoing Polkit’s effect. That’s what shuffling means and why they use that word.

4 Likes

So in Hearthstone English, shuffle soul fragments into a deck means the same as shuffling the deck itself? That’s quite different meaning from normal English.

No, it’s exactly the same or are you telling me you can shuffle three cards into a deck without re-arranging the entire deck?

1 Like

“Shuffle” doesn’t actually mean “shuffle”? How do you figure that?

1 Like

In normal English, I would personally use the term “put a card at a random spot in a deck” for putting a card at a random spot in a deck. And when I’d say “shuffle a card in a deck”, odds are that I actually mean “shuffle a card in a deck”. Which, of course, implies shuffling the deck.