Kanrethad Ebonlocke + Shadow Madness = BUG?

I’ll try to explain my concern as brief as i can (although the title pretty much gives it away). I was playing warlock against priest matchup and my opponent stole my [Kanrethad Ebonlocke] with [Shadow Madness]. Ok i though, no big deal as the prime version won’t ressurect him any demons. But boy was i wrong. He got full value out of prime when he played it even though the card clearly says “Summon 3 friendly demons that died this game” and obviously he played none demons before. The demons ressurected were all played by me during the match. So the question is…is this a bug? Or am i missing something? Why stolen [Kanrethad Prime] gives value to the opponent while it technically shouldn’t?

Did the priest at any time in the game play Soul Mirror?
“Summon copies of enemy minions. They attack their copies.”

If that summoned demons, then those died on their side, as “friendly” demons, and can be resummoned by Kanrethad Prime.

1 Like

I was asked the same question on hearthpwn, but no, priest didn’t play Soul Mirror prior in the matchup. I have replay of the game, but cannot post links here.

Thx! Here’s the replay link https://hsreplay.net/replay/nuMsQaFieDxUKNnLNyumkb

the priest did indeed play soul mirror, and moarg was already in his deck

Kanrethad Prime as played turn 18 and summoned Desperate Dreadlord, Enhanced Dreadlord, and Mo’arg Artificer.

Mo’arg Artificer is a neutral demon that was in their starting deck. It was played in their turn 12 and died in your turn 12.
The Enhanced Dreadlord was summoned in their turn 13 as a result of casting Soul Mirror, and died in your turn 13.
Desperate Dreadlord was summoned in your turn 13 as a result of Enhanced Dreadlord’s deathrattle, and died immediately after.

Well, you are right in that case, my bad. But this is the 2nd game this happened and i didn’t record the first one without soul mirror. Though now i’m beggining to doubt whether soul mirror was played in the first game as well. I’ll simulate the situation with my pal and post the result. Thx for the help.

Don’t forget that priests have many cards that allow them to get (copies of) cards of their opponent. Cards such as Thoughtsteal, Mindgames, Mind Control, and many more.
So even without Soul Mirror, it is definitely possible for a Priest to have several demons die on their side of the board.

Yeah, just tested it again. It’s the soul mirror, without it Prime summons nothing. Sorry for bothering and thx for the help. Guess i will keep track of this for a while just to be sure.

1 Like