Is it worth it?

So I just started playing this game of cards, Stone of the Hearth, and I’ve got to say it is ridiculously addicting… I’m currently just doing Play mode, Ranked, cause I don’t see any “Casual” option (which is it just me or does that seem weird? Either way I don’t mind) and I’m hopelessly addicted. I’ve set the goal of attaining Lvl 10 in each of the 9 classes before I really hone in on 1 or 2 to main with and my question to all ye who read this is this: Am I wasting my time? Am I going to lose my girlfriend over a video game? Again?! D: jkjk but seriously I’m just wondering if there are some of you who have been playing this from day 1 and still love it cause I- I don’t know. Maybe it’s too early and maybe this is just the newlywed stage but I really really really enjoy this game so far. Even though I am a horrible Warrior and am only making progress to level 10 on him through the XP I gain on each loss. Even though my SO has been giving me side-eye every time the Innkeeper throws his voice out of my Chromebook. EVEN THOUGH I AM FORCED TO PLAY ON A CHROMEBOOK.

So I’ve scoured the internet for new player guides and deck building tips but it’s all a bit overwhelming. If you’ve read this far then my main question I guess is why are you still reading and can you help me with any links? Non-overwhelming carefully curated to my individual requirements type of links? Anyways, cheers to all you nerds out there. Hope I get flamed for this post.

2 Likes

It is understandably overwhelming for new players with the amount of reading/watching videos.
While the gameplay is simple, there are complex mechanics and concepts/terminology.

The best way to start is to just ask questions whenever you face a problem.
There are alot of helpful folk here, but do be clear when asking your questions.

Thank you! I was pulling an all-nighter and was loaded up on caffeine when I posted so I am sorry for the errratic and nonsensical blathering. I’ll check out that guide :smiley: and be more clear!

1 Like

You get free packs for beating 5 bosses in ToT and DH solo adventures, first wing. You get a free Legendary for playing the Frozen Throne prologue, but it’s only good for Wild mode.

Play the different solo modes to learn the different mechanics and cards.

Not all packs are the same. Only get enough Witchwood and Rastakhan until you open one Legendary; they’re weak expansions. Open plenty of Uldum and Shadows, not only are they the best, but they also rotate to Wild later, in 2021.

Thanks for that! I’ll save some gold and won’t buy too many of the witchwood then. Even tho they’re so spooky and it’s October :frowning:

1 Like