Impossible to complete "Return of the Hero" questline

Hello,
I’m a returning HS player.
Some years ago I apparently started a special quest for returning players, that is called “Return of the Hero”. According to google, it used to have a special blocking UI where I could play vs. the innkeeper.
The quest is currently stuck on Stage 5, and all means of completing it were removed from HS a very long time ago (and I probably progressed to this Stage 5 back then, although I don’t remember when exactly).

The quest is BLOCKING, which means I can’t get rid of it or unblock normal progress until it’s gone. So basically, my account is not working correctly now.

Could you please fix this somehow?

How are the means of completing it removed from HS? Also, according to the wiki, Return of the Hero is only three matches. How did you get to stage 5?

Could you tell us exactly what the problem is? Screenshots would help (the way to post links is explained in the sticky in the bug forum).

Maybe there is no Stage 5 now, but it apparently existed back when I received the quest many years ago. I don’t remember the details, though, so I have no idea how exactly I got to Stage 5.

This quest appears to be impossible to cancel or reroll by any means.
The condition of the quest is also impossible to satisfy: I played a few normal, non-mercenary, non-ranked etc. games (didn’t plan to, I’m here for Mercenaries, but wanted to get my quest progress unstuck), and no, it DID NOT get resolved when I played these games.

So, the quest is just stuck at this stage.

The forum UI tells me “Sorry, you can’t include links in your posts” when I insert a link to the screenshot, and I don’t see a way to upload it directly, so please remove all spaces from the link below to make it work:
https: // imgur . com / a / bx4JN7I

Anyway, as far as I can tell, you just need to play a normal game of Hearthstone. Try playing Ranked (I suggest as Warrior or Rogue, so you can complete those two other quests as well).

It’s not only the “Return of the hero” questline, but also the daily quests seem to be bugged. I also need to play one round of traditional hearthstone match which isn’t counted. I also need to play a certain class, which is also not working. I saw many topics showing up lately but we didn’t get any information from Blizzard so far. I’ve got so many quests that I can’t complete.