Implement Auto-Squelch Toggle

More importantly, i can’t think of a SINGLE reasonable arguement why we should NOT have autosquelch, anyone?

8 Likes

Financial backers of the game wouldn’t like it.

It’s speculation of course. But it’s certainly reasonable to the company.

1 Like

Even before I sold my stake in ATVI, I have supported this notion. I guess all the bag holders that didn’t sell are neutral on this subject.

5 Likes

Plenty of reasons, that I’ve detailed in the dozens of discussions Skruff has started over the last year and a half. They get dismissed outright so it makes it hard to have discussion about it, though. I personally have largely given up - but I don’t like it when people say no reasons have been given. We definitely have.

2 Likes

Why do you think the financial backers wouldn’t like an autosquelch toggle?

To be fair to Mand, there have been a variety of reasons offered from some posters. But I don’t think it’s fair to say they’ve been outright dismissed. Maybe by some posters, but I, for one, have tried to explain why I disagree with those reasons.

Side note-- are there no more mvp’s in the HS forums? Don’t see the green text. I still see it in the WoW forums, so maybe just a HS forum change?

1 Like

This suggestion has turned into a meme, Blizzard won’t ever add this feature although everyone agrees on it and it isn’t hard to implement.

6 Likes

Then the question becomes WHY

3 Likes

Indeed. Why?? Plenty of people have speculated as to these reasons. Unfortunately the only “official” reason that’s even been offered was from a Brode tweet 4+ years ago that expressed concern for options bloat and fear of possible reduced emote usage.

It would be nice to see a developer comment on this topic in this forum.

4 Likes

I would too, if not to at least establish some sort of actual viewpoint. I’m surprised that this thread has been unanimously for auto squelch so far despite the previous one being a heated debate

5 Likes

Somewhere very very deep down in the core of our innermost being, we must acknowledge the slim possibility that it might just actually be…

For the lulz.

4 Likes

We already did this once.

Example: Investors and business partners perceive, right so, that multiplayer games make more money than single player. Very, very few exceptions. You know, people with money who want more money, but really have no idea what they are investing in other than ideas. You have to make the ignorant happy, because they also pay bills. Rich doesn’t always have anything to do with intelligence or wisdom. Anything that suggests a move toward negating interactions between players also starts to suggest single player. Investors may not like that.

1 Like

While an interesting theory, I’d like to see some support for the basis of your theory, i.e. the underlying perception that multiplayer is more profitable than single player. And beyond that, how a simple improvement to the existing squelch feature would somehow dramatically skew investor perception so as to impact investment strategy? I just don’t buy it. And on top of that, Blizz hasn’t said anything about investor confidence as a basis for denying auto-squelch. I appreciate the contribution, but I really don’t think they are refusing to implement auto-squelch based on fear of investors pulling out because they think it’s now a single player game.

5 Likes

I already addressed most of that the first time. I don’t see much point in doing it again. Clearly you didn’t remember it, so… Not much point.

1 Like

Not saying that you are wrong, but I sure did not think about the multiplayer aspect of the game when I still held their stock.

5 Likes

The only way they’ll take it seriously is if it hits them where it hurts - money. Do what I did and remove all payment methods from your account if you want it to happen

1 Like

/signed
It’s about time.

5 Likes

That’s all I want at this point. Is an updated response in regards to game now. Not just a referenced quote from three years ago.

4 Likes

Give us the auto squelch blizz!
The spammers wont even know the difference anyhow.

4 Likes

It’s already showing, Dean is already begging players to come back.

“We’ll make changes the community is so passionate about”

…now we are getting RnG card backs.

Forgive me but you might find one or two pages requesting this on the old forums.

Auto squelch has 184 pages there, not to mention reddit and everywhere it’s been requesting.

Blizzards priorities are trash, they are too stubborn, when they do eventually make this change it will be too late. The damage has been done.

8 Likes

Did you own enough stock that the CEO knew your name? I mean I’m not talking about people who are investing just a couple thousand here. o.0

Listen… You aren’t saying I’m wrong, and I’m not saying I’m right either. I don’t know. And frankly this is one of many things that we are never going to know, but this is a real thing that they (Blizzard) have to deal with.

1 Like