Hysterical Hysteria

I was playing Mercenaries and I had one of my Mercs cast a spell that lowered the boss’s attacks by -10. Eventually it had 0 attack. Then another one of my Mercs cast Hysteria on it.

FOR SOME REASON IT RANDOMLY STOPPED. EVEN THO THE SPELL SAYS “ATTACK THINGS UNTIL YOU DIE”

TOO BAD FOR ME! I GUESS THE SPELL LIED

(it was the tree boss that spawns treants every time it gets hit. the board filled with treants, naturally. but the next turn it spawned massive 60/60 treants WTF)

1 Like

I believe there is a limit on the amount of attacks a character can do during its turn (in order to prevent some infinite loops, I guess, like an immune attacker hitting an immune target indefinitely), and sometimes you hit it, even though you might have gone on otherwise (an infamous example is Garrosh’s mak’gora to the death vs Nefarian’s first stage) and eventually killed the target.

As for big trees, doesn’t it say that they are upgraded each time the Corrupted Ancient takes damage? I believe that’s the way it worked.

1 Like

I have also had problems with Hysteria not working right. In my recent post it randomly stopped after one of my other characters with a deathrattle died, but my Leeroy with immune should have kept attacking. And just now it failed me again vs the Curator boss. From what I can tell, it didn’t attack more than 2 or 3 times, and I can still see the full tooltip of past actions starting with Hysteria one away from the bottom.

Yeah that is lame, but it keeps counting the damage to the boss even when the treants can’t show up because the board is full. So that part doesn’t actually surprise me.