HS Rewards Track Discussion

So this from levels 1-50. Sure keep it ez up to level 10 but then a simple 1k-2k per level system would be so nice & straight-forward.

It’s early-days, I’m more concerned with them finding the right balance at this stage. I prefer your next suggestion to:

This, except maybe generic packs or a set gold amount.

I think the best way to improve this game is to get designers that don’t misrepresent themselves.

1 Like

Yes - definitely feels like this. The new system is bad. Feels way more grindy and sweaty. Do not like it. And the injury to the insult is that you get less rewards for punishing yourself in this new system. I’ll give the new system a month or so … but if it plays out like I think it is? I may be looking for a new game.

Frankly, I’ve always hated the entire “season pass” bullcrap that games are all gravitating towards these days. The corporate line of nonsense is that “players like this because it gives a sense of accomplishment”. Bologna. It’s busywork. I play games to enjoy myself … not to engage in a stupid Pokemon progression path. I quit World of Warcraft because of all the stupid daily quests and other grinds they crammed in it. And you know what Team5? I’ll quit Hearthstone too if that’s where you’re taking this game.

6 Likes

Spot-on, I can’t stand doing things just to ‘check a box’ (earn credits, achievements, whatever).

They seem to be steering us (players) to doing certain actions with quests.

I’ll admit it was fun today exploring all the new stuff but it’s crystal clear the majority of the time you’ll be just grinding your mode of choice for xp.

Honestly, as a BG player I’m likely gonna just chill in there and do quests when I feel like it as I’ll never compete with the grind they’re proposing. :slight_smile:

After reflecting and organizing my thoughts…
I was think that If there is any changes, what would be the acceptable baseline?

Looking at 2 key factors,

• time investment: is 1hr/day an acceptable baseline for players

• reward obtainable: is 60gold/day an acceptable baseline for players

• also note that there is increase cost of mini expansion and additional playmodes.

Provide your views below.

A player who puts an hour in a day and completes all quests would earn 60-70 gold on average per day with the old quest rewards and the extra gold for wins along the way.

A season lasts about 121 days. At 60 gold per day that is 7,260 gold between expansions. At 70 gold per day that is 8,470 gold between expansions. These numbers are what the community expects.

Per hearthstone calculations in the links provided, they say you can get to level 50 with about 12.2 weeks(or 85 days) of play based on an hour per day. Getting to level 50 on the rewards track earns you 4,200 gold; or an average of 49 gold per day.

The ability to earn gold is much tougher now.

5 Likes

After about a month of play into a new season, the incentive to earn along the new reward track will be much less than the old system. The amount of play for small rewards further down the track seems like a penalty to players who regularly play.

1 Like

They are hoping you will get sick of grinding and pay for their dumb pass.
They are trying to force F2P players to pay because their customer base is shrinking.

1 Like

70 gold. 1 old 60 quest plus three wins.
And one hour seems fine.

Forcing all players to play ranked seems short sighted to me as well. Some only play for casual fun.

4 Likes

I’ve played HS for a long time, before Grand tournament. Loved the game. Sure, things bothered me here and there: annoying metas, bad RNG, but I still purchased almost every bundle for each expat because it was a fun enough game.

I didn’t purchase bundles for the last two expat because I needed to scale back my spendings but I was still able to get by and accumulate enough gold for a new expat. Sometimes I have lots of time and I play many hours. Sometimes I am busy and I play enough to clear my quests. Basically the game was flexible enough for me to keep playing and be happy even when I need to cut back on time/spending money

I play HS after a hard day’s work and HS was the old friend that was there for me…come play a few mins, or stay for a few hours. Purchased the mega bundle plus regular bundle for one expat, Then maybe skip the bundle for this expat since i can save enough gold for 80 packs and get by. Need to finish some quests quickly, just play a few games in casual. HS was the old friend that was there for me…it gave me the freedom to play and pay however I wished

However, with this new system? Everything had changed for me. Like others have said, I need to grind to get the same amount of gold or most likely less gold. When I’m tight on time, I can’t finish of quest quickly in casual, I gotta Play ranked, or Other modes that I am not interested in. It’s getting much harder to keep up with the game.

The card designs don’t excite me the way it used to…feels like Taco Bell, it’s the same Ingredients, just presented differently.

I have accumulated like 15k plus wins but that total figure is just gone, it is not displayed on the new journal. I’ve happily spent a lot of my hard earned money on HS… I have enough resources in gold, dust, wild cards to dust if needed, to hang around in standard for awhile, but HS has changed with this new reward system. I no longer feel the same freedom, Now I just feel the pressure of grinding. I feel the pressure of not easily being able to finish quests. I come home from long day at work and now I feel like HS is asking me to work some more instead of relaxing and enjoying myself. Ive just deleted the game from my phone, time to spend my time and $ on other things.

1 Like

If you play an aggro deck that takes a maximum of 5min/ game you can make 12 games in 1h. 50% winrate = 6wins= 20g. 75% winrate= 30g.
If you add the 60 or 50g quest you get 80 to 90g. 70g is the minimum

1 Like

That’s not gonna happen haha, especially when even a 20% boost would do little with those massive later xp requirements! :slight_smile:

So this. I’ll play a quick face deck to do the quest but they need to think of better ways to make people want to play the mode:

• xp bonus to ranked
  • special portrait for x games of ranked play
  • bonus pack for every 50 ranked games

I dunno, something a bit more fun to work towards.

I think a lot of people have the sentiment.

I mean arguably you can play anything you want but it will require ignoring/re-rolling some quests as a trade-off.

I think the quick fix is to reduce the exp required for levels 1-50 by roughly 50k. Alternatively, add 50k in total quest rewards, but I think being able to move more quickly through first 50 levels will feel better.

1 Like

do you think is possible to get to lv 50 before 2 months into the expansion?

I feel yur exact sentiments… In the past I only login everyday to reroll the 50g quests and do them all whn my quests log is full… Just by doing tat I cud exchange gold for 70-80 packs on the next xpac…

This new reward is definitely a slap to F2P players… Time to payyyyyy I guess… Nahhh I won’t b missed if I decide to quit… Its a toxic relationship anyway…

The day I have to pay is the day I quit.

1 Like

I’m still more angry at them for the ranked rewards changes update that turned into about 90% of the same reward (total dust value), but distributed in rares predominantly. If they reverted that back to the old values, I’d say we could call it fair. Then my epic distribution might start to look normal or focused again.

Need help to verify accuracy of calculation

The average time over 23 games is 11.7min

If w/o TP (taking at -10%):
Win games gives 9.X Epm (8.1epm) [486eph]
Lost 6-7 Epm (5.4epm) [324eph]
[eph] - exp per hour

• it seems to fall in line with the announced 400exp/hr [486+324/2 = 405eph]

If taking 400exp/hr, 4500exp (4500/400) = 11.25g/hr
plus other rewards under BP

Assuming under old system and at 50%WR: 8.5g/hr*
Assuming under old system and at 60%WR: 10.2g/hr*
Assuming under old system and at 100%WR: 17g/hr*

• Assuming under old system: play/win 3 games quest, this can be done in conjunction within 1 hr game time to obtain 60g (on average)

Interestingly the the new system seems to provide better returns base on gametime. (exclude rewards under BP or 60g quest)
However, the new system intro the rewards under BP, taking away the daily average 60g.

Since I have already stated my views, I shall leave it for individuals to decide if that is a fair trade-off.

• note: above using example from fellow poster, and subjected to error base on small sample size and other conditions.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/hearthstone/t/rewards-track-client-patch/

• Level 33 – Old: Year of the Dragon Card Pack → New: 150 Gold
  • Level 37 – Old: Scholomance Academy Card Pack → New: 200 Gold
  • Level 40 – Old: Madness at the Darkmoon Faire Card Pack → New: 200 Gold
  • Level 42 – Old: Ashes of Outland Card Pack → New: 200 Gold
  • Level 46 – Old: Madness at the Darkmoon Faire Card Pack → New: 300 Gold
  • Level 48 – Old: Year of the Dragon Card Pack → New: 300 Gold

With the changes, @lvl50: 4200g >> 5550g