How is experience calculated?

Does anyone have any clue on how this works?

I just had a nailbiter of a game. Spell Mage v Spell Mage, the game went for ten minutes, and I barely managed to beat them. I had 9 health left, they had four minions on board, and I managed to draw into lethal damage.

We played a long, hard game, and either of us could have won.

… I got EIGHT experience for it. A 10 minute win in which we both played as many cards as we could. I even have the bonus exp at 15% right now!

So at this point, I’m left wondering what the heck decides how much exp you get from a game. Eight experience feels particularly egregious and is almost certainly the lowest experience I’ve seen from ANY match so far, let alone one that lasted ten minutes and all the way to ten mana.

It’s a display bug, and it’s mentioned in the “Known Issues” post for the most recent patch:

(NEW) A visual bug where Achievement XP and end of match XP gains are showing incorrect numbers but rewarding the correct amount of XP. In some cases, XP gains benefitting from XP bonuses are not highlighting with a green font color either.

1 Like

Thanks for the response and link! Was driving me crazy not knowing what was going on.

1 Like